Duluth two harbors walleye-perch-crappie

• Ed
    Participant
    Minnetrista, MN

Hi guys,

I’m staying just south of two harbors the next 2 days. Was wondering if there is a nearby river, lake or in the harbor in Duluth spot where i can fish for walleye perch or crappie. Only places I can park and walk too? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Trying to get a little fishing in at daybreak if possible.

Thanks again

Ed

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

There won’t be anything in the big lake for you, but the harbor in Duluth where the St.Louis River flows thru might offer something. I know people fish in there and catch walleyes and some crappies but assume they mostly use boats. I’m not sure if any of the lakes outside of Duluth offer any shore fishing.

If you have a trout stamp you could try the breakwater right in Two Harbors with minnows under a float down about 8 feet a hope for a Coho or a King.

Great Laker
    Participant

the st louis river would be your best bet for the species you mentioned, as well as the best average size of walleyes in the area. You can fish 2 lines on the SLR with a MN license, so that is a plus. If you want to specifically fish an inland lake, I’d recommend one of the reservoir lakes that are about a half hour north of downtown Duluth. That’d be Fish Lake, Island Lake, Rice Lake and Boulder Lake. All of those lakes will have your desired species. If you go on boulder lake, go slow out of the public access as it is a minefield for rocks that can take your lower unit off.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.