Dream Boat(s) Setup?

• BigWerm
    Participant
    SW Metro

The lotto thread got me thinking what kind of boats (plural, obviously jester ) I’d get if I won the lotto or had an unlimited budget. My first thought was Vexus or Skeeter 21+ footer, with all the electronics for my big fresh water boat, a Lund Pro Guide 1875 for smaller water, then a big 30ish foot Center Counsel for the Florida/Caribbean home, with some kayaks scattered about as well. How about you? Any specific electronics?

CaptainMusky
    Participant

A buddy just got a 20 foot Vexus and I am not impressed at all by the layout of that boat. Seating is terrible, the area under the consoles is completely wasted space with no storage. The front deck is too high with very little space between the top of the rail. I thought they were nice looking boats based on seeing them online, etc, but after seeing one in person not at all impressed. The thing was an absolute sow to get on plane with a 300 HP ETEC too even with trim tabs.

Chris Messerschmidt
    Participant
    Minnesota

I pick up my dream boat Friday.

Now winning that Lotto would make the payment go away faster for sure!

Always wanted a 21 footer and as outboards get bigger and bigger, my want was a bigger and bigger outboard.

My 2023 ZV21 with a 400 VRod and 15 kicker fits that dream.

John Rasmussen
    Participant
    Blaine

You about nailed it Werm 21ft glass deep v for most everything, maybe a big jon boat instead for dual purpose small lake fishing and water fowl hunting. I would go livescope and 360 cause why not. toast

Eelpoutguy
    Participant
    Farmington, Outing

My dream boat is currently being built.
    Competitor 165 tiller w/70 suz.

I am dreaming I can find an Ultrex for my target lock but that’s turning into a nightmare.

BigWerm
    Participant
    SW Metro

Oh and I forgot to mention the tri-toons with twin 400’s at each of my homes as well rotflol

Mookie Blaylock
    Participant
    Wright County, MN

Super Air Nautique G25 Paragon

grizzly
    Participant
    nebraska

Warrior 238 is mine. Best boat I have been in and rode in a bunch of them. And the windshields don’t come loose

mnfisherman18
    Participant

Skeeter Solera 205 or Ranger Reata 2050 with a max HP Yamaha or Suzuki. Might be a while, but hopefully someday…

Joe Jarl
    Participant
    SW Wright County

Warrior 208, 350 suzuki or merc, kicker, decked out with forward facing sonar and 360. Smaller tiller with a 70hp yamaha and all electronics for the smaller lake fishing. And a pontoon for mama!

biggill
    Participant
    East Bethel, MN

Kingfisher 2025 Escape decked out with trolling accessories.
    Don’t need anything more.

Rodwork
    Participant
    Farmington, MN

Just like CaptionMusky. Thought I had a dream boat picked out until I fished out of it. I would have to start off hiring guide until I found the right one.

Reef W
    Participant

would have to start off hiring guide until I found the right one.

Just buy several and sell the ones you don’t like.

Browndog
    Participant
    Omaha, NE

I’m a simple guy, but a Viking 92FB would be cool…

Attachments:
    1. VIKING.jpg

Deuces
    Participant

I’m with pout on this one. I’ll catch that dream at some point then move on to the next dream.

lindyrig79
    Participant
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

I think about this often and come to the conclusion is all trade offs, particularly with boat layout.

Having said that my current dream is a custom order white Ranger Reatta in the 21’ class. White Yamaha 4 stroke and white minnkota on the front. Full Bimini

Then yeah, a 25-30 ft center counsel for the saltwater winter home. Probably a Yellowfin or similar. Twins at least.

CaptainMusky
    Participant

Then yeah, a 25-30 ft center counsel for the saltwater winter home. Probably a Yellowfin or similar. Twins at least.

My buddy had a Predator center counsel. It was the only center counsel I have ever been on, but that was a sweet riding boat. His life plans changed and they werent using the boat much so it sold it last year for $8K over what he bought it for and used that money toward a 170 acre ranch in Texas.

marbleeyes24 (Larry)
    Participant
    Nevis

The lotto thread got me thinking what kind of boats (plural, obviously jester ) I’d get if I won the lotto or had an unlimited budget. My first thought was Vexus or Skeeter 21+ footer, with all the electronics for my big fresh water boat, a Lund Pro Guide 1875 for smaller water, then a big 30ish foot Center Counsel for the Florida/Caribbean home, with some kayaks scattered about as well. How about you? Any specific electronics?

Ranger 620 FS for Big Water

G3 167T with 60hp Yamaha for smaller lakes. Gotta make sure the floor is vinyl and the outside is camouflaged

37′ Freeman Boatworks with BIG outboards for the Great Lakes and FL Keys

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

I’m partial to bass boats. A 20 or 21 foot fiberglass Ranger or Phoenix would probably do. I’ve only been saltwater fishing a few times and it was all guided out of a Yellowfin center console. This is one I fished out of in the Florida Keys in 2018.

Attachments:
    1. Yellowfin-bay-boat.jpg

R Petersen
    Participant

Old woody triple cockpit runabout with a full time captain. That knows and talks woodies. Female only.
    I have met 2 who qualify.

jbg1219
    Participant
    NW Iowa

Well, I posted the 2 boat order in the lotto thread, and I had to call the dealer this morning to cancel the order! (HAHA) I would have a Skeeter 2200 loaded and an 18′ Alaskan. After that whatever suited the water my cabin was on in northern MN, for the lift, and probably a boat to trailer to neighboring lakes when at the cabin.

queenswake
    Participant
    NULL

I wonder if this question is hard for so many guys who have upgraded to that 20 ft glass boat. Where do you go from there? That’s about it unless you want to move up to a center console or big water boat if that is the fishing you want to start doing when you make it rich.

As for me, honestly I kind of already have it — 22 ft tritoon decked out for fishing. It may not work for other guys, but it does for me. Terrova with spot lock on the front wired to my Humminbird at the bow. Troll cranks with the big motor. Spot lock for bobbering. We’ve caught a ton of nice fish on this.

And I use a 16 ft Alumacraft Lunker the rest of the time when I’m going out on my own.

castle-rock-clown
    Participant

I would love this for me and the guys on Bay de noc and Greenbay in general trolling for walleye especially in the spring where wind waves and temps can get brutal.

Attachments:
    1. 9CEA33C3-5DE3-4D42-97F4-C030A2F4412F.jpeg

Sylvanboat
    Participant

You should all be ashamed. I read an article ages ago about Buck Perry rowing and dragging spoonplugs,and out fishing all the whipper snappers with their new fangled equipment.

dirtywater
    Participant

The biggest Boston whaler money can buy!

That said I dreamed Of having my current set up for a while and I am very happy with it, because even though it’s only a 16 foot tiller it does exactly what I want it to do and get me onto the lakes in the boundary waters that I want to fish.

rjthehunter
    Participant
    Brainerd

Well I have my dream boat, but there’s things I will change with my next one.

Warrior 2090 with a 250 ProXs
    Lowrance Ghost Trolling Motor
    Minn Kota Vantage
    Here’s where it gets spendy…
    I want 3 12″ HDS Live units in the back of the boat, 1 for Active target, One for GPS/2D, one for SI.
    I’d have 2 active target transducers. Front one on a pole mount, and rear one on the vantage. 2 12″ HDS Live units at the front of the boat for the trolling motor and one for active target.
    Opposite from the vantage, I want a 15′ talon that has a custom bracket fabricated up so I can pull a pin and unplug the electrical connection and take the talon off and then hang a 9.9 horse in it’s place for trolling.
    (Current rig only has 3 9″ units in the rear and 1 active target transducer. Gotta have another one for tournament partner to use!)

I’d fish every NWT event. I would probably have to have 2 2090s as my wife would want to fish the tournaments also!

I would reorder this boat every year until the day I die!

I would also order a Warrior 238 for events on Lake of the Woods, Mille Lacs, Erie, and other big bodies of water. Not because the 2090 can’t handle it, but because they’re badass and eat waves like they’re nothing!

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.