Drain holes in Rod Locker, ’22 Rebel XL 1650

• John Morrison

Hello All,

New to this forum. I bought a ’22 Rebel 1650 new in November. I have found that the rod lockers don’t have any drain holes in them, and they do gather water if it’s raining hard or if you’re doing a thorough rinse down. The bottom is lower than the main floor, so holes to the floor side wouldn’t work unless it was below the main floor and would reach the bilge from there. I believe the area to the rear has flotation foam, so it wouldn’t work there either. Straight down there is little room before you hit the hull, so could be dicey, and I’m not sure if there is a path to the bilge from there either. Has anyone else encountered this or have any ideas?

Thanks,
    John

John Morrison

Good news, I found there actually are drain holes in the rod lockers. They were just covered with the vinyl flooring, so I hadn’t seen them. They had a couple of slits cut in the vinyl, but the vinyl fit back together so well I couldn’t see them. Because I had the downrigger weights in there on Saturday, when I pulled them out, I saw that hole pushed down a little with the slits separating, so I pushed down with my finger and found a nice round hole underneath, with a tube attached I think, so I checked the opposite side and found it there also. Before I found them like that, the drains were not working except probably a few drips. I’m not sure why they left them covered like that, but I’m glad that they are there.

John

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.