Dove & Pigeon in Argentina?

• Steve Henderson

I did some Google searching and also some forum searching but wanted some first hand reference here!

Has anyone had an experience Dove & pigeon hunting in Argentina? I know it is popular in Córdoba and there are a lot of companies that do it but it is hard to tell which provide quality services.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

My Next door neighbor goes every few years or so. When I ask him how many he got it’s usually in the 1000 range. He always comes back with a soar shoulder.
    I will ask him where he hunts out of.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I did some Google searching and also some forum searching but wanted some first hand reference here!

Has anyone had an experience Dove & pigeon hunting in Argentina? I know it is popular in Córdoba and there are a lot of companies that do it but it is hard to tell which provide quality services.

Any help would be much appreciated!

I have looked into it extensively and talked to many outfitters/lodges at the various shows. I just don’t have the time to go these days, but I will eventually.

It is VERY helpful to talk to the outfitters in person at shows. Yes, Cordoba is the “brand name” region, but there are terrific opportunities in other provinces and these other areas may actually be a better choice if you want a true mixed hunt for ducks or pigeons.

I have spoken to a number of hunters who have gone multiple times, and several actually recommend the southern provinces rather than Cordoba because they are so much easier and faster to get to via Buenos Aries. So don’t dismiss a lodge just because it isn’t Cordoba or a northern province.

If you want to do a show that features many of the players, check out Safari Club International’s show in Reno. This is a mindblowing show as far as the numbers of outfitters present, it would take a full day to talk to each dove outfitter. I believe many also go to Dallas Safari Club’s show, which is easier to get to from MN. I have not been to DSC, but I go to SCI almost every year.

Grouse

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.