soldDon't know how much to ask…Help?

• reverend
    Rhinelander, WI

I plan on selling this old pickup(’03 F150), but don’t know where to start on price. As you can see, it’s not perfect. Tires are worn, dent and rust are plainly visible. Ugly, but strong running, reliable and dependable. I guess I don’t need to make a mint, but don’t want to give away either.
    Those of you who buy/sell/trade much more than me care to share some guidance? I have no idea of a price to ask to sell it fairly and quickly.
    Thanks!

-Reverend

Attachments:
    1. Truck3.jpg

2. Truck1.jpg

3. Truck2.jpg

Mocha
    Park Rapids

How many miles?

If its 150,000 or higher I think you are looking in the $1300 range….. I have a buddy that just sold is 2002 F-150 with 200k miles but the body was almost perfect. He got $2100.

gary d
    cordova,il

You can always call your local bank officer. They should be able to tell you what it worth.

poomunk
    Galesville, Wisconsin

have you ran it through these sites:

kbb.com

edmunds.com

These sites typically seem to be a little generous but not too far off, way more accurate than nada is with boats for sure.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

That market of trucks is very hard to put a value on. Since the vehicle price is so low to begin with it all depends on whats been replaced lately or is still in good condition. Each brand vehicle has certain issue that 75% if not more of the time will happen at certain mileage. Rusty fuel pumps, leaky rims, brake lines, transmissions etc etc. Providing the documents of certain replacements can really leave the price higher.

I swear there is a good sized market for these kind of trucks though. Guys figure buy older one, stick a few hundred bucks of parts into er and drive it to the ground and hopefully come out even.

reverend
    Rhinelander, WI

That market of trucks is very hard to put a value on. Since the vehicle price is so low to begin with it all depends on whats been replaced lately or is still in good condition. Each brand vehicle has certain issue that 75% if not more of the time will happen at certain mileage. Rusty fuel pumps, leaky rims, brake lines, transmissions etc etc. Providing the documents of certain replacements can really leave the price higher.

I swear there is a good sized market for these kind of trucks though. Guys figure buy older one, stick a few hundred bucks of parts into er and drive it to the ground and hopefully come out even.

I like your line of thinking…that’s the guy I’m looking for. Good thoughts on replaced parts too…never even occurred to me. I’m past all the mileage replacements-bearings, rotors and such. The darn motor though…I swear the only thing I’ve ever had to replace there is a battery and the oil. Can’t ask for more than that!

Thanks everyone!

mbenson
    Minocqua, WI

reverend:

The other thing I used to do when peeps used my land to show their sale piece was to have them include OBO (or best offer). That way you can get an idea of what people think of what you are trying to sell. Also in the phone conversation, ask the party you are talking to if they would be interested if you got back to them after a bit of time if you decide that really wasn’t a bad offer… Even if the party isnt interested if you rebuff them, at least you are getting feedback on what they think the truck is worth.

Mark

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Ask 2200 take 1800 or any thing in between.

Michael Saal
    Merrill, Wi

Just sold my 2003 Silverado with 126,000 for $7000 it was in really good shape and could have sold it a couple a times after more people heard about it. Should have got more maybe.

reverend
    Rhinelander, WI

Just about the time I was ready to give up and junk it…going to drop the price AGAIN, when I got a message. The right guy came along, drove it around the parking lot and made me a cash offer higher than I was prepared to accept. Smooth as silk it worked. What a relief!

Just wanted to thank everyone for their tips and input! wave

-Rev

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Don't know how much to ask…Help?’ is closed to new replies.