Dog Food Price Increase

• suzuki
    Participant
    Woodbury, Mn

For me I drive by two local dog stores often so delivery is not the most economical choice. I use it for convenience sometimes but I doubt anymore.

queenswake
    Participant
    NULL

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>BigWerm wrote:</div>
    Feel like this fits the thread title, but I just bought 2 sausage breakfast burritos and a sausage egg McMuffin at McD’s for $9.20.

McDonalds breakfast is about the only fast food breakfast i will get. I recently wrote it off for good cause its just way too expensive. Side note, if you dont already do so, use their app. saves a ton of money both in rewards points and daily deals they offer.

Even before this inflation business, fast food prices had jumped way up. It’s downright insulting to spend $10 for a meal at McDonald’s. You spend that much on that and you start to feel sorry for yourself. Even Taco Bell is $8 for what I usually get. I now just wait until I get home to eat, where in the past, I would stop somewhere.

I do wonder if some of this stuff will ever come down in price after the craziness is over. I just don’t see it because once companies raise prices, they build it into their entire cost structure. Especially now that they are having to pay employees so much to take a shift.

In an earlier life, I had thought about buying into food franchises. So glad I never did. Can you imagine what a place like Wing Stop is doing right now with the price of wings?!!!!

Reef W
    Participant

Especially now that they are having to pay employees so much to take a shift.

I don’t think that actually has anything to do with it in most cases. Think how many $10 meals that employee making $15/hr is serving per hour. Somehow Wendy’s still has the 4 for $4 but a breakfast sandwich, hash brown, and drink costs like $9 at some places? Record profits are happening for a reason.

Ripjiggen
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Mr.Beads wrote:</div>
    I’d imagine folks will sacrifice their recreational hobbies before their pets diets, but both in the end are just luxury items.

Let the pitchforks come forth coffee

Neither have to be sacrificed. But the dogs are not luxury items, they are family. Another kid in my house, a protector and a friend. But not a show off luxury item

Amen.

stevenoak
    Participant

Like the old saying. Lock your wife and your dog in the trunk of the car for half an hour. See which one is happy to see you when you open it up!! I’ve made very few mistakes in my dogs eyes.

disco bobber
    Participant

I saw where the city run shelter at Bismarck is busier than normal. Inflation hitting budgets too hard, and something has to go? People not home like they were during covid? I would guess that rent increases are forcing people to move and that can’t find pet-friendly housing may be the biggest factor.

https://www.kfyrtv.com/2022/07/28/animal-control-almost-capacity-with-animals/?fbclid=IwAR2xpabtK2rpuKoguL0dy2Uo7gAzG4JVbBF7j0oEewLz4kRZuJGQsng3_lU

Snake ii’s
    Participant

Maybe there is a strategic pet food stash that the government can bleed dry as well??

That was sent to China along with the strategic oil reserves. Hunter and Daddy got a bonus.

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Jason wrote:</div>
    Maybe there is a strategic pet food stash that the government can bleed dry as well??

That was sent to China along with the strategic oil reserves. Hunter and Daddy got a bonus.

Some people just can’t help themselves when it comes to political commentary. Move along Betty

404 ERROR
    Participant
    MN

10% for the big guy.

Gitchi Gummi
    Participant

Some people just can’t help themselves when it comes to political commentary. Move along Betty

Seriously! Go gripe and whine on some political forum and keep that garbage out of here. IDO is a lot more fun place to be when it doesn’t get political.

glenn57
    Participant
    cold spring mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>gimruis wrote:</div>

Seriously! Go gripe and whine on some political forum and keep that garbage out of here. IDO is a lot more fun place to be when it doesn’t get political.

yea i dunno know, he didnt start it. he’s telling the guy who did start it to do the same thing your telling gimruis to do………as i read it!!! doah

suzuki
    Participant
    Woodbury, Mn

It was a joke and it was funny. Come on. Dog food prices are rising and it sucks. Happy Friday.

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.