Do I need the Max Strength?

• bigcrappie
    Participant
    Blaine

Has anyone tried the max strength over the regular? Did you notice if your blinkers were any brighter? It’s for a older truck with 1157 bulbs, I know the newer trucks have LED’s so was thinking this would be good for older Vehicles.

Attachments:
    1. 39047C35-B29F-40D7-98CF-55BA44536C26.png

JasonP
    Participant
    Twin Cities

Yes. Always.

I use this stuff on my trailer lights and it keeps them from going bad every year. Can’t speak to the vehicle lights though. waytogo

AnotherFisherman
    Participant

If anyone was wondering, this works for motorcycles as well. yay

tswoboda
    Participant

Do I need max strength?

Never heard anyone complain about too much power. But be careful, I heard your insurance company won’t cover it if your blinkers aren’t rated for the max strength fluid. Voids the warranty too and you’ll get sued right into bankruptcy if someone gets hurt.

Rodwork
    Participant
    Farmington, MN

This is IDO. So the answer will be max it out. Is the max strength heavier than the normal stuff?
    (Thanks for the laugh. It has been a long week.)

munchy
    Participant
    NULL

Definitely! Makes my blinkers as bright as the strobes on Mille Lacs!

And it’s a great Green Sunfish attractant ;)

ThunderLund78
    Participant

I upgraded to 4-stroke blinkers on my trailer a couple years ago, no more mixing fluid. Never looking back!

Matt Moen
    Participant
    South Minneapolis

While you’re doing that don’t forget to grease the muffler bearings. You can thank me later for that tip.

Reef W
    Participant

Everybody knows you need the Lucas branded version if you really care about your blinkers

deertracker
    Participant

And drill a hole in your tires to prevent heat build up in the summer.
    DT

Dutchboy
    Participant
    Central Mn.

And drill a hole in your tires to prevent heat build up in the summer.
    DT

I found switching out from the winter air to the summer air helped with the tire heat. Also for the Prius crowd, Toyota offers a 50% rebate if you remove the Japanese air and replace with North American air (Canadian air is ok also) Stop at O’reillys auto parts for a coupon for the combo Blinker fluid / air deal. waytogo

Randy Wieland
    Participant
    Lebanon. WI

Hey bud, just because I care. That old crap is corrosive and when combined with the heat of the filaments of those 1157, they can blow up and take out the entire quarter panel of your truck. I strongly urge you to use the new fully synthetic brands. Especially important knowing those 1157 bulbs are on national back order until 2022 at the earliest. Gotta make those suckers last!

Attachments:
    1. 8820E63F-7E78-403B-8249-D8D0A12E1FC9.jpg

Eelpoutguy
    Participant
    Farmington, Outing

How often do you change your blinker fluid? and I only use synthetic.

Hot Runr Guy
    Participant
    West Chicago, IL

I upgraded to 4-stroke blinkers on my trailer a couple years ago, no more mixing fluid. Never looking back!

You’re killing me Smalls,,,,,

HRG

tswoboda
    Participant

… replace with North American air (Canadian air is ok also) …

Winner!

BigWerm
    Participant
    SW Metro

Have you looked up Yeti’s Blinker Fluid yet? It’s the exact same, but costs 2x as much and is therefore 2x as good. Plus you get a sweet decal to let everyone know!

picklerick
    Participant
    Central WI

I found switching out from the winter air to the summer air helped with the tire heat. Also for the Prius crowd, Toyota offers a 50% rebate if you remove the Japanese air and replace with North American air (Canadian air is ok also) Stop at O’reillys auto parts for a coupon for the combo Blinker fluid / air deal. waytogo
    [/quote]
    As the owner of a 2018 Prius and 2020 Tundra, I can vouch for changing out the air. I had the dealership do it because I’m 1/2 Irish and just don’t trust O’Reilly’s. To the OP, I would definitely change those 1157’s to solar powered LED’s so you stop killing the earth. It will probably even make the fishing better in your area and reserve some tungsten for environmentally friendly silent sports equipment like golf clubs and bicycles.

mxskeeter
    Participant
    SW Wisconsin

Hey bud, just because I care. That old crap is corrosive and when combined with the heat of the filaments of those 1157, they can blow up and take out the entire quarter panel of your truck. I strongly urge you to use the new fully synthetic brands. Especially important knowing those 1157 bulbs are on national back order until 2022 at the earliest. Gotta make those suckers last!

Is this the “New and Improved” version? Or is this from old inventory? whistling

mike e
    Participant

No, but I bet you want it. Kind of like natural male enhancement, only for your car.

For their safety, please keep that out of reach of fireflies.

TheFamousGrouse
    Participant
    St. Paul, MN

Everybody knows you need the Lucas branded version if you really care about your blinkers

I’m wondering about how guys feel about the need to add Seafoam to the blinker fluid to prevent all kinds of terrible damage due to ethanol?

Personally I use the high octane blinker fluid to increase performance.

Deuces
    Participant

Wow, I had no idea this was a thing. I feel like such a moron. No wonder those 57s always bust on me, duh!

Do they make left and right blinker fluid? Is it easy to confuse the two? Color coded or what?

Thanks wave

Matt Moen
    Participant
    South Minneapolis

Wow, I had no idea this was a thing. I feel like such a moron. No wonder those 57s always bust on me, duh!

Do they make left and right blinker fluid? Is it easy to confuse the two? Color coded or what?

Thanks wave

Yep, right is red and left is green.

Randy Wieland
    Participant
    Lebanon. WI

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Mr.Beads wrote:</div>

Thanks wave

Yep, right is red and left is green.

You do realize that the red and green is reversed on automobiles from boats?? Makes it easier in a boat to identify if your going head on to a another boat or a car

Denny O
    Participant
    Central IOWA

test
    I don’t understand, when I post twice with 2 seperate posts and neither made it to the board but this one did. wth??

Craig Sery
    Participant
    Bloomington, MN

Big Werm, I run yeti in all my stuff, but I received it as a gift so didnt have to pay

Pat K
    Participant
    Empire, MN

Is non-oxygenated fluid available anywhere?

Duke M
    Participant

All this talk about blinker fluid, ha! Apparently in Minnesota drivers must get the courtesy package on their vehicles. Here in WI it seems like 50% of drivers do not have blinkers. But maybe they just have weak or worn out blinker fluid.

maddogg
    Participant

My wife uses the XXX Strength on all her solar light outside. Now its so bright out I can hardly fall asleep.

klang
    Participant

Don’t forget to add 8efe28aeba5bfd44 when you change it!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.