Do i need a network? Helix 15, HB Live, & Riptide Terrova Link

• Marco Pelton
    Participant

I recently purchased a new boat and i’ve rigged it myself. I’m just about done and the last thing i have to do is power and connect my HB Live and run my cable for my Riptide trolling motor.

My question is, do i need a network?

The boat is a Lund Alaskan tiller. I have a Helix 15 SI. Up front i have a Riptide Terrova with Link that i’m going to run to the display. The last thing i’m going to do it run power for my HB live and get a dongle for that connection.

So what’s the best way to do this? Also, what’s the easiest?

Is there a Y-cable that will allow my to have my SI transducer and my Live transducer connected at the same time? Or do i need a network hub? Does having my Terrova linked matter or is that a different cable connection?

Any and all advise is appreciated.

Attachments:
    1. twoo.jpg

2. threee.jpg

3. fourr.jpg

4. onee.jpg

Marco Pelton
    Participant

Here’s some pics;

Attachments:
    1. twoo-1.jpg

2. threee-1.jpg

3. fourr-1.jpg

4. onee-1.jpg

Joe Jarl
    Participant
    SW Wright County

Hear is a link to several network scenarios on Humminbird’s site. Check to see if any of them match up with what you’re trying to do.Humminbird networks

Denny O
    Participant
    Central IOWA

One thing for sure you will want to change the position on your Drotto latch lever! It will not let you off of the trailer where it is at!

Ripjiggen
    Participant

I have to ask why the graph mounted to floor? Looks like it would be constantly in the way.

CBMN
    Participant
    North Metro

I don’t have live so I’m not 100% sure but from the website drawings it looks like you need a hub if you want link and live at the same time.

I have two boats with link motors and multiple graphs. I have a hub in my larger windshield boat with 3 graphs also networked in. My other smaller tiller boat just has the terrova linked to one graph and a separate graph not networked in. I mostly skipped the hub on the tiller due to cost as a hub now cost a lot more that they did when I bought the first one. I do have a spare network cable with dongles on both ends in the tiller boat to switch from having link connected to having two networked units if I’m going to use side imaging a lot.

Joe Jarl
    Participant
    SW Wright County

I think CBMN is correct. Like you mentioned, #12 looks like the one. Wouldn’t hurt to call Humminbird to verify. I think their tech support is pretty good.

gizmoguy
    Participant
    Crystal,MN

Mega live requires a network port. Either hooked up directly to the H15 or to a hub. Looks like you will need a hub. The Terrova with I-link will also needs a network connection to display/control on the Humminbird. Both of those connected to the hub and the hub connected to the H15 network port. Does the Terrova have built-in ducers?
    I’m assuming you have a SI ducer on the transom? With only one Humminbird you will only be able to connect one ducer. Transducers have to be connected to a head unit to process the signal. Usually a HB up front connects to the trolling motor ducers and it is then connected and shared on the network.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.