DNR Question

• Evan_peterson12
    Rosemount, MN

Guys I am a stickler for following the law and conservation rules. In the past I have always kept a scrap bag of walleye cheeks and any tiny strips of fish I may have missed in my fillet’s. Is this lawful with bag limits?

Sincerely my stomach not full of walleye scallops.

deertracker

What they are going to say is that if you have any part of a specific fish, it counts towards your possession limit. Say you have a bag with 8 walleye cheeks, you are in possession of 4 walleyes.
    DT

Evan_peterson12
    Rosemount, MN

What they are going to say is that if you have any part of a specific fish, it counts towards your possession limit. Say you have a bag with 8 <em class=”ido-tag-em”>walleye cheeks, you are in possession of 4 walleyes.
    DT

Well I am glad I asked and ate before going over my household limit. Thanks!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Fry’em as you get’em!!

Evan_peterson12
    Rosemount, MN

Fry’em as you get’em!!

My late grandfather on my dad’s side always had a bag of fish for my family in the freezer whenever we would visit him. I try to uphold this tradition by keeping enough for my immediate family through gifting in our household available for a fish fry. Keyword try..

404 ERROR
    MN

I do this with Duck hearts as they’re so small. Can’t say I’ve ever gone over possession though…18 Mallard hearts makes for a big meal.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I’m a wierdo who loves Duck heart.

I struggle to justify the ruling, but I can see how it can be interpreted as such.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Mmmmmmm, duck hearts!!

Around 1980 7 guys got 5 bird limits each day of a weekend. The guy where we were staying kept the hearts and gizzards and pickled them. What a feast the next weekend.

As a kid I liked chicken hearts. My dad or grandma got the gizzard.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.