Diving Videos

• Aaron

Post with just videos from diving

Aaron

Well apparently the video didn’t upload that time.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Hi Aaron,

@aaronyliniemi

You can’t upload video files directly to our site. Upload them to youtube first THEN use the url of each video to place it on our pages. Holler if you have any questions.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

For further guidance on how to add those videos, here’s the step-by-step on how to add videos to our site. It really should be called a “step” process as there’s really only one but here’s the documentation nonetheless >>> How to Embed Video on In-Depth Outdoors’ Forums

Aaron

There. thanks James.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

That is one big school of gills! I found it interesting how those gills weren’t spooked by your presence at all but as soon as that bass showed up you started to see some of them running for cover. Thanks for sharing!

Aaron

That was the best ecosystem of fish I’ve seen, at the beginning before I started filming there was a walleye hanging out a little deeper then once I got going and got to the edge of the school I pike swam out of the weed bed. It was awesome to see the variety of fish so close together, also I mist the small the group of crappie. I should have kept the camera going a bit longer but I switched to take some still frames of everything.

IceAsylum
    Wisconsin Dells WI

I find it amazing that the school does not hall butt out of there when something the size of a human that is not normal to them shows up. How did the school react when the pike showed himself?

Aaron

The pike was tucked away in the weeds, didn’t see him till I started swimming away and was about 5-6 feet away from the school. Other times what I’ve seen is the bait fish just keeping a distance from pike. It seems like the smaller the fish the less they worry about you down there, you usually only get a quick glimpse of bigger fish.

Terry Heese

Take some canned corn on your next dive with the Gills….after a couple dives they will be waiting for you & the corn.

Tim Bossert
    Cochrane, WI

I have seen this a lot diving Wazee in Black River Falls, WI. The bass would actually follow behind us and ‘search’ through the sediment we kicked up if we were near the bottom. Very inquisitive fish. A can of cheese around the fish cribs and the sunfish were your best friend. That was a feeding frenzy.

On a cold winter dive through the ice, we came up a sand slope from deeper water and there was a patch of low weeds covering the bottom like a carpet. I spotted a white tipped tail and went for a closer look. It was a very long, skinny walleye lying under the weeds. When I touched the tail, it took off in one quick burst. Gone.

On one of my first dives in that lake, I witnessed a mother bullhead and about 150 babies swimming in a ball beneath her. As I inverted (feet up) and hovered over them, my gauge cluster was handing down on the bottom. She kept bumping into it with her head and trying to push it out of the way of her babies. Coolest thing ever! Of course all this was before I had my camera, so no evidence.

Aaron

Ben and got out diving this morning we started off on Baby Lake but the visibility just wasn’t very good so loaded up and headed to a different lake that had much better clarity. We had enough time to get one dive in which was a good one. Coming up to the spot we were graphing fish and under the water we met up with some small mouth. They followed us around for a while then Ben started scavaging for food. Only took a couple rock turns and bon appetite.
    I thought it was really cool how in the second video (shorter one) we many more smallies and they knew what was going on.

Ben Brettingen
    Mississippi

They learn really fast, after 3 or 4 crayfish dinners, there are 10-15 circling you like piranhas!

I went out and dove again on Sunday afternoon, and decided to bring an ice rod rigged with a crayfish looking soft plastic. It didn’t take long and I was hooked up! I only had 3 or 4 feet of line out and a smallie grabbed it and took off. I set the hook and it didn’t seem to slow him down much. After a 5 minute fight, on a 2 or 3 pound bass, it was time to “land him”. I didn’t have have the advantage of air, and the bass used the water to leverage him away from me at any possible opportunity. I eventually had to pin him to the bottom in order to lip him and extract the hook.

I caught 2 bass and grew tired of unhooking them underwater. It made the fight last about 3x longer than above water, as the bass would take runs out of eye sight.

One thing I really noticed, is the bass wouldn’t hit anything off the bottom. As soon as my tube went more than 5 inches from the bottom they didn’t care for it. If I twitched it along the bottom, and paused it to lay there, they would just hammer it. So in disagreement with the statement lighter is better, I would imagine at least 1/2 tube jig head or bigger would have produced the most bass.

I’ve got some videos of the fight first person coming up!

Aaron

Any thoughts on what this may be? I was think a crappie cradle of sorts.

Nic Barker
    Central WI-Northern IL

Any thoughts on what this may be? I was think a crappie cradle of sorts.
    [/quote]

http://www.lsfishclub.org/cribs.htm

This explains what you see, page is from a local private community lake by me that I fish regularly.

Aaron

Nothing to special here just swimming around, although after a broken ankle that put me out for the summer it was nice to get in some diving. Visibility is low because of the bloom.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.