Diawa Fuego 2500 issue

• Craig Sery
    Participant
    Bloomington, MN

I purchased a Diawa Fuego 2500 last year. It’s been ok. While catching a fish last weekend, it started occasionally going in to back reel even though lever was flipped. I took reel apart and can’t figure out how back reel engages and disengages. Does anyone know? Thanks

fishthumper
    Participant
    Sartell, MN.

After read lots of good reviews here on the Fuego reel I purchased one myself last year. Not a real big fan of it. Even with adding washers, its hard to get the line to load level on the spool. also have had a issue with the bail. At the same time I purchased the fugo I also purchased a Legalis. For 30.00 less I think this reel is the better of the 2. Have not had any issues with the Legalis and have used it far more than the Fuego. I think the Legalis is one of the best reels in that price point. I’ll be buying more in the near future.

fishthumper
    Participant
    Sartell, MN.

I purchased a Diawa Fuego 2500 last year. It’s been ok. While catching a fish last weekend, it started occasionally going in to back reel even though lever was flipped. I took reel apart and can’t figure out how back reel engages and disengages. Does anyone know? Thanks

I have had to superglue a few of the back reel levers to keep it from doing what you are having happen. If it is happening even when holding the lever tight to the left this may not help. I wish reels came without the back reel lever, I never back reel anyway and its just one more thing to cause problems

mrpike1973
    Participant

Same issue here as well bought a Sahara big difference. The lower priced Daiwa reels seem better than the Fuego. Sorry your having issues. The Legalis is a better reel in my opinion as well.

Craig Sery
    Participant
    Bloomington, MN

I also have a Legalis, and agree. I was able to take reel apart and fix the issue

fishthumper
    Participant
    Sartell, MN.

I also have a Legalis, and agree. I was able to take reel apart and fix the issue

Glad you were able to get it working.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.