Dewalt Batteries to Power Lights

• fishinfreaks
    Participant
    Rogers, MN

I’ve seen some posts about using Dewalt batteries to power lights and other accessories in your portables, but I’m not clear on how it’s working. So I’m asking for some clear help. What do I need for an adaptor for the battery?

Then I’ve got the Otter LED Lights: https://www.otteroutdoors.com/product/pro-universal-led-light-kit/
    So what adaptor do I need to hook these into the Dewalt?

Any links and photos would be really heplful.

Thanks in advance.

Jake D
    Participant
    Watertown, SD

I use these

By cheap LED strips and run those instead of expensive lights. Also power my vexilar with them or helix 5. Never had an issue

fishinfreaks
    Participant
    Rogers, MN

I use these

<div class=”ido-oembed-wrap”><iframe loading=”lazy” title=”EID Battery Adapter Compatible with Dewalt 14.4V/18V/20V Max Li-ion Battery Converter with LED Work Light & Dual USB & DC Port Charger Power Source Supply for Dewalt” type=”text/html” allowfullscreen=”” style=”max-width:100%” src=”https://read.amazon.com/kp/card?preview=inline&linkCode=kpd&ref_=k4w_oembed_mctXf4sPBpbEYX&asin=B095C2LP7T&tag=kpembed-20&#8243; width=”850″ height=”550″ frameborder=”0″></iframe></div>
    By cheap LED strips and run those instead of expensive lights. Also power my vexilar with them or helix 5. Never had an issue

Thanks, Jake. I’ve already got the lights. Is there an adapter to get to plug those in to this battery adapter?

Ryan Scholl
    Participant

be careful with some of the Amazon dewalt adapters. they will allow your battery to drain below the allowed voltage for recharging. You have to jump it then to recharge it and can ruin the battery doing that.

The actual dewalt adapter has a chip in it to not let it drain below a certain voltage.

Jake D
    Participant
    Watertown, SD

Thanks for the heads up. I honestly have never even been close to draining a 5ah battery when running my vex on it

Red Eye
    Participant

I use this.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.