It’s all over

• flatlandfowler
    SC/SW MN

Well, the 2012 season is officially in the books for me. It was great, it was disappointing. It was a season of limited time, but great opportunities. A ton of work from February TSI (timber stand improvement), to final day stand hanging. A year that was hot and dry, sometimes cold, but mostly just windy.

It’s sad to see it end, but exciting to know what could be next year. I sit thinking of what could have been, planning what I would do if i had tomorrow, but smiling that I will not be enacting the scent free ritual. Disappointed I did not capitalize on opportunities, but knowing I technically beat mature bucks in what they do best (i.e. avoiding danger). One for the books, one to be forgotten, the 2012 bow season was nothing at all but everything I annually anticipate.

The 2013 season will begin in about a month and a half with land management for me, and hopefully end with a better report than the one to come in the next days. I hope you all found the joys that fulfilled your 2012 season as I did.

protourbaits
    stillwater, MN

I’m a little disappointed in my season as well. I am thankful for being able to take 3 mature does, see two shooters, and experienced a great rut!!

For the first time, i was able to successfully pattern a buck. But unfortunately, my final encounter with him at 23 yards last weekend didn’t end with a harvest I hope he survives the winter and stays on his same pattern. He will be a beautiful 4.5 y/o next fall

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

Overall I am quite pleased with my season. I had the will power to pass on a couple real nice 2.5 year olds. Took a nice mature 7 point and a mature doe. Wish I had tags to take more does, but didn’t. Should have harvested more does at home also, but that didn’t work out. Got a brand new bow on Friday with hopes of breaking it in on the last weekend. Unfortunately I woke up Saturday at 4am with the flu and spent the majority of the weekend in bed and the can Great season and I can’t wait to get out shed hunting and start the land management and food plots again!

gobbler
    Central, MN

Set a record this year and only went out 8 times. I bet there were times in the past that I went out 8 times in 8 days.

All-in-all, I can’t complain. I had an opportunity to shoot a buck in 6 out of the 8 hunts and only had 1 hunt where I didn’t see a deer. I have a few that are on the “radar” for next year and hope to see a couple “newbies” show up.

As for next fall, the 1st week of season can’t get here soon enough. Good luck to those of you that are still able to hunt the next couple of weeks. I sure hope a fellow IDO’er puts the hammer down on a good one.

->>>————–>

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.