1st Archery Buck, Thanks Bob!!

• tbetts1000
    Participant
    Hastings and Lake Vermilion MN

This is my first archery buck taken last Saturday morning in Buffalo Cty. Not a monster but a trophy for me for sure!
    Earlier this year Bob Bergeson offered me a share in a lease in Buffalo Cty. Being I have not bow hunted in MANY years and my intention was to only gun hunt. Bob kept saying “you gotta get a bow” and after seeing a few of the trail camera pictures I took his advice.
    On Sauturday my plan was to get up early and drive to the property. My alarm went off and at the same time there was thunder and lightning so that was an easy decision to tap the shooze button. Instead of hunting first thing I got to the stand at the prime time of 10:15 and was prepared to sit the rest of the day. 15 minutes later the buck was down.
    Thanks Bob for sharing the lease, talking me into archery and helping get this buck out of the woods!! Lets get one with the guns!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

What a great buck!! Congrats!

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Great stuff, and nice buck!

Joel

tony_p
    Participant
    Waterloo, IA

Dandy of a buck Congrats

mossydan
    Participant
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Not a bad buck anyway you look at it and not that bad for a first buck with an arrow, decent sized too.

bob_bergeson
    Participant
    cannon falls

Congrats on a great buck Todd the pictures don’t do that Buck justice… When the landowner called me and offered to lease the property to me I wasn’t really interested as we already had a great lease.After several persuading calls from him I thought about you and your son and how much you enjoy spending quality time with him I’m Glad I could be a small part of the enjoyment that you get from being in the woods You forgot to mention that you also made a nice kill on a doe the 1st weekend that you hunted the lease

joef
    Participant
    La Crosse, WI

Congratulations! More proof that in november, any time of day is a good time to be in the tree stand. Great buck.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.