Nice Suprise Last Night

• dave-barber
    Participant
    St Francis, MN

You know… it really isn’t nice to superglue dogs’ ears together.

Cute dogs.

birddog
    Participant
    Mn.

Seeing the christmas tree in the background brings back a funny memory…When I was young we got a new Springer pup before Christmas. Mom had all the gifts wrapped and under the tree. Came home from school one day, wrapping paper EVERYWHERE…SHREDDED, she was laying in her bed with tape and chunks of wrapping paper stuck all over her!! Funny, she didn’t destroy a single gift…just wanted the paper, looked like a hurricane came through! I cleaned up the paper…of course looked at all the gifts, she didn’t leave a single gift unopened! Mom got home, she thought I opened all the presents…I blamed it on the dog of course, still don’t think she believes it!

BIRDDOG

love2fish
    Participant
    Shoreview, Grand Rapids, MN

King- Nice Job show us some pics soon to show us if those ears fix themselves. Great looking dogs.

Shane- If you need me to tell your mom you didn’t open those gifts I will call her for you. See you tommorrow man.

John

b-curtis
    Participant
    Farmington, MN

Those are some fine looking dogsā€¦Are they German German Shepherds (guard dog) or American German Shepherds (show dog)?

The ears are a lot of fun. We ended up having to tape our Shepherd’s up after they fell. Now that is a funny site to see.

luke_haugland
    Participant
    Iowa City, Iowa

Cute Pups!!

derek_johnston
    Participant
    On the water- Minnesota

Awesome pups King..

derek_johnston
    Participant
    On the water- Minnesota

Quote:

Seeing the christmas tree in the background brings back a funny memory…When I was young we got a new Springer pup before Christmas. Mom had all the gifts wrapped and under the tree. Came home from school one day, wrapping paper EVERYWHERE…SHREDDED, she was laying in her bed with tape and chunks of wrapping paper stuck all over her!! Funny, she didn’t destroy a single gift…just wanted the paper, looked like a hurricane came through! I cleaned up the paper…of course looked at all the gifts, she didn’t leave a single gift unopened! Mom got home, she thought I opened all the presents…I blamed it on the dog of course, still don’t think she believes it!

BIRDDOG

Damn springers..

cougareye
    Participant
    Hudson, WI

Nice looking dogs! How does it feel to have little kids around the house again!

ET

G_Smitty
    Participant
    New Richmond, WI

thought I’d post some new pictures of the pups… they’re about 5 months old now and are starting to look like ‘real dogs’! Zeus is going to be a big boy and Zoey runs circles around him… Can’t wait to get them out on the boat…

Our neighbors think its ‘interesting’ that we have two german shepherds and the family across the street has two rots… I know when my wife walks the dogs along with the neighbor and her two rots, nobody is going to bother them

big_g
    Participant
    Isle, MN

Off the ottoman !!!! I can hear it already… lucky guy

big g

dan-thiem
    Participant
    Zumbro Falls Mn.

Awesome! They are a couple of great looking pups.

I’ve had the pleasure of owning two myself. My first ones name was Kama and she lived to be just about 14. What a smart dog. I even used her for pheasant hunting many times. She listened so well and once she figured out that it was the rooster we were after I could tell exactly when she got hot on a scent. She found many a knocked down birds for me. Hey, if they can train them to sniff bombs and drugs, then why not a bird? Very sad day when I had to put her down.

Too bad that Shepards and Rots got such a bad reputation. They absolutley live to please.

Now I have a white one named Titus Brady. He’s too is so cool. Here is his picture. He’s seven years old now and has to take Glucosomean condroytin (sp) for sore hips. Like arthritis or something. It works good. The human stuff is cheaper than the dog stuff. One pill every other day. Unless he really runs hards then he might need one every day.

Sorry to hijack your thread.

G_Smitty
    Participant
    New Richmond, WI

great looking shepherd! My pups’ father was all black and their mother was all white… I used to have an all white male named “Kernel” (like in popcorn kernel?!?!).

scottsteil
    Participant
    Central MN

I was ran up North to pull the trail cameras and check out the activity. I was really suprised to see all the scrapes. Things seemed to have realy ramped up since last week. That is good news. Usually this time of year the younger bucks like to fight in my pumpkin patch, so I pulled that camera and there was 273 pictures of bucks, lots of them fighting. Most of these are 2 1/2 year olds but things are really starting to move along. Looks like it is time to start putting some serious time in again

big_g
    Participant
    Isle, MN

273 !!!!!! Any BIG’UNS ????

big G

lick
    Participant

nice good luck starting sat im gonna hunt 16 days straight been hunting every night this week also hit and miss was breezy last night

robstenger
    Participant
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

My lil brother is up erecting one last rifle Tower Blind we built. He said the food plot is getting hammered. He is pulling my camera card and bringing it home tonight. Hopefully have some nice pics. Just get a guy excited two days before he can do anything about it. Thanks Scott that was all I needed.

scottsteil
    Participant
    Central MN

No shooters yet but here are a few from the Pumpkin Patch. The big ones should start showing up in a week or so.

protourbaits
    Participant
    stillwater, MN

those are some really healthy looking 2 year olds

Ben Garver
    Participant
    Hickman, Nebraska

Looks like your QDM is working out great for you Scott.

big_g
    Participant
    Isle, MN

Quote:

those are some really healthy looking 2 year olds

Took the post right off my keyboard

big G

scottsteil
    Participant
    Central MN

I am heading up to hunt later today. This is when the trail camera pictures start getting interesting. Hopefully I can run into one with really long brows

Dave Ansell
    Participant
    Rushford, MN

Cool pics Scott. Good luck with the hunt!

robstenger
    Participant
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Good luck Scott!

mossydan
    Participant
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Good luck Scott, Ive been seeing alot of small buck action too, the big ones ought to go here in another 2 too 3 weeks.

lick
    Participant

good luck scott very cool pics

Brad Juaire
    Participant
    Maple Grove, MN

Looks promising Scott – good luck!

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.