First a Bear now a…

• scottsteil
    Participant
    Central MN

Bobcat I am guessing?

mossydan
    Participant
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Nice picture Scott, it looks like a bobcat to me.

Steve Plantz
    Participant
    SE MN

That is too cool too bad he was not facing the camera.

robstenger
    Participant
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Cool pic Scott.

mbenson
    Participant
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Scott:

Great pic even if he is backwards to us. Maybe he was camera shy…

Mark

tom_gursky
    Participant
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

That is a pretty nice Bobcat Scott!

scottsteil
    Participant
    Central MN

Has anyone ever seen one in the wild? I didn’t even know we had them around our area. I suppose the Turkey are catching heck now.

robstenger
    Participant
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

I saw one last year just North of McGregor, while checking out a rifle stand. It had one come right in and as soon as it hit my entry trail it stopped looked around and darted off. Real cool to see.

mallard_militia
    Participant
    Fulton County, Illinois

Quote:

Has anyone ever seen one in the wild? I didn’t even know we had them around our area. I suppose the Turkey are catching heck now.

Scott if that was taken near Menahga then that cat is not alone. We have many signs of cats on our hunting land east of Menahga, but have yet to see one during the day.

walleyebuster5
    Participant
    Central MN

Scott, What’s the 50 mile on this one? Central MN? I was giving my brother some crap the other day because he said he was watering his lawn at dusk and there was a creature giving him a fairly deep growl from the treeline. He was sure it was not a domesticated cat!

Maybe we all need to make sure the little children are close by!

scottsteil
    Participant
    Central MN

This was West of Menahga, MN. I knew NE MN had a few because I remember reading about the trapping season on them. I can’t say I really want to see more of this one. I would guess they pretty much keep to themselves.

johnksully
    Participant
    Lakeville, MN

Looks like a pretty good sized bobcat.

lick
    Participant

here in west central wis i have seen 3 and have pics of a few in fact a mom with 3 kittens and did have a friend who was videoing for my wife during turkey season catch one on video very big cat one of ones i saw during bow season really liked my can call had him or her at 10 yards

mossydan
    Participant
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Eigther last year or the year befor they opened a season in southern Iowa because they have come back so well. Everybody trapping is allowed just one a season. Years ago they were far and few between, now theres enough around for a limited season in the southern counties that border Missouri. Id like to see one once in the wild. Anybody have an idea wheather this one in Scotts photo is a younger or older one, just a hunch but it looks young to me.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.