Shooter got shot

• scottsteil
    Central MN

This buck had been missing since last gun season but it finally showed up. Now I see why…slug hole in the front leg. Looks like he is doing well and is certainly cleaning up the corn field behind my house. This guy has a ton of mass but does well not giving me a good picture ever.

rvrat
    st cloud,mn

Very nice buck…with an injury like that his left antler will most likely be much smaller…good luck gettin him this year.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Take him out Scott

big G

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Pretty cool palmation going on with his right side. The injury has certainly impacted this deer. It looks like his spine may have curved due to his limp. He does not have the same palmation on his left side and this may be a direct result of the injury. He also has some serious calcium build up on his front left knee due to limping around. Pretty sad that someone wasn’t able to make a good shot on this deer. Good luck Scott and I hope you cross paths with him!

scottsteil
    Central MN

He was pretty similar last year without the bum leg. Usually you see the opposite side of the injury has a messed up rack. But, not the case with this guy. I am hoping to get a better picture of his brow tines this year. He has a total of 6 of them .

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

You would be suprized at how fast a three legged deer can move.

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Very cool pic Scott! He is a tough bugger…I give him a lot of credit for getting through the winter. He must be a pretty savvy buck.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.