Cover scents/hunting tips

• big_dog_ia
    Omaha, Ne

Have run across a few tips this past hunting season, thought i would post em and open it up for more input.

film canisters with cotton balls, scent

tampon used as a drag with fox urine or whatever

cover scent posted in Oct. distilled h20, hydrogen peroxide and baking soda (have a jug brewing not used/tried it yet)

1/3 pinesol with 2/3 water, spray bottle

boiling cedar boughs/pine, leaves etc from the area you hunt
    add to spray bottle

chippee
    sw wi

i am now a firm beleiver in the product, scent killer, available in a spray bottle last year i shot a ten pointer that approached me from behind as i was sitting facing the wind and never knew i was there this year i shot a 185 non-typical that came through the woods on the exact same trail i walked in on within an hour from now on i will always thoroughly spray my boots down as well as the rest of me

chippee
    sw wi

i am now a firm beleiver in the product, scent killer, available in a spray bottle last year i shot a ten pointer that approached me from behind as i was sitting facing the wind and never knew i was there this year i shot a 185 non-typical that came through the woods on the exact same trail i walked in on within an hour from now on i will always thoroughly spray my boots down as well as the rest of me

bigjigger2002
    Pearlcity , Illinois

Eath scent wafers and earth scent or fall blend spray.Dirt is every where.If your hunting in oaks you can fine tune it by using an oak wafer and I even think they have a pine wafer,but around here I use nothing but earth scent.If I used another animals scent it seemed like it would just kick up the deers scent alert another notch,and if they are sniffing out that scent that you are using your busted.

bigjigger2002
    Pearlcity , Illinois

Eath scent wafers and earth scent or fall blend spray.Dirt is every where.If your hunting in oaks you can fine tune it by using an oak wafer and I even think they have a pine wafer,but around here I use nothing but earth scent.If I used another animals scent it seemed like it would just kick up the deers scent alert another notch,and if they are sniffing out that scent that you are using your busted.

tony_p
    Waterloo, IA

Scent control is one of the most important thing in deer hunting if not the most.I use a Sent Blocker coat and pants,also sent eliminating spray.Also sent wafers,and rubber boots.I always put my clothes in a sent bag that H.S. makes and change into my hunting clothes when i get to the field and take them off when i am done before i get back in the truck at the end of the day.I don’t think a person can do enough when it comes to scent control.Just my 2 cents.

tony_p
    Waterloo, IA

Scent control is one of the most important thing in deer hunting if not the most.I use a Sent Blocker coat and pants,also sent eliminating spray.Also sent wafers,and rubber boots.I always put my clothes in a sent bag that H.S. makes and change into my hunting clothes when i get to the field and take them off when i am done before i get back in the truck at the end of the day.I don’t think a person can do enough when it comes to scent control.Just my 2 cents.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

Right on Tony

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

Right on Tony

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.