5 foot Trolling Rods

• bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Quote:

I am, the wifey comes home tonight. The stuff I picked up from Dean already made the 48 hour rule, as far as I’m concerned, I always had them

Jami

So how many more hours of shopping do you have?

jhalfen

I’ve been running a similar set up this year with shorties off the back corners and longer rods amidships. These shorties that Dean is carrying are NICE rods, they are just what the Dr. ordered for this job. Pick one up and you’ll like it instantly. Two things I really like about them:

(1) They have enough ooomph to handle large fish, like this 10+ lb channel we caught pulling lead this last week. This fish hit on a shorty.

(2) They are $20 cheaper than the comparable Scheels model that we’ve been limited to in the past. Since you’re probably buying 2, that’s a $40 saving…enough for 2 spools of lead and 5 new rapalas!

jhalfen

I’ve been running a similar set up this year with shorties off the back corners and longer rods amidships. These shorties that Dean is carrying are NICE rods, they are just what the Dr. ordered for this job. Pick one up and you’ll like it instantly. Two things I really like about them:

(1) They have enough ooomph to handle large fish, like this 10+ lb channel we caught pulling lead this last week. This fish hit on a shorty.

(2) They are $20 cheaper than the comparable Scheels model that we’ve been limited to in the past. Since you’re probably buying 2, that’s a $40 saving…enough for 2 spools of lead and 5 new rapalas!

jhalfen

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

I got a chance to try out these short rods to day on both lead and long line. They work wonderfully. After using the old fashion fiberglass short rod for years I was pleasantly surprised at the sensitivity and flexibility of these rods. With these rods you can actually fight the fish instead of just hauling it in like the old fiberglass rods force you to do. As Jason said they are very comparable to the Scheel’s brand rod but are much cheaper in price.

Anybody that has not used a short rod owes it to himself to try one out. I’ll bet it will find a way into any trollers arsenal. Using a short rod or two is the best way to get a six rod trolling setup without having to use boards.

One other thing they are very good for is fishing with a younger child. These rods are much easier for a small child to handle than a big, long rod.

After a day on the water with them I like them so much that I will be purchasing four of them to add to my trolling gear.

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

I got a chance to try out these short rods to day on both lead and long line. They work wonderfully. After using the old fashion fiberglass short rod for years I was pleasantly surprised at the sensitivity and flexibility of these rods. With these rods you can actually fight the fish instead of just hauling it in like the old fiberglass rods force you to do. As Jason said they are very comparable to the Scheel’s brand rod but are much cheaper in price.

Anybody that has not used a short rod owes it to himself to try one out. I’ll bet it will find a way into any trollers arsenal. Using a short rod or two is the best way to get a six rod trolling setup without having to use boards.

One other thing they are very good for is fishing with a younger child. These rods are much easier for a small child to handle than a big, long rod.

After a day on the water with them I like them so much that I will be purchasing four of them to add to my trolling gear.

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Below is a link to a thread ”Sweet Leadcore Rod” that talks about these rods. I’m a diehard St. Croix Rod guy but when it comes to pulling leadcore these are sweet rods and I just had to get one. In fact after several outtings with this short rod I bought its big brother which is the 8’10” telescoping outside trolling rod. Should make for a great set up.

Thanks, Bill

Sweet Leadcore Rod

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Below is a link to a thread ”Sweet Leadcore Rod” that talks about these rods. I’m a diehard St. Croix Rod guy but when it comes to pulling leadcore these are sweet rods and I just had to get one. In fact after several outtings with this short rod I bought its big brother which is the 8’10” telescoping outside trolling rod. Should make for a great set up.

Thanks, Bill

Sweet Leadcore Rod

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Thanks, Bill

Sweet Leadcore Rod

DMan
    Long Lake IL.

Dean:
    Are you still stocking these 5 ft rods?

gary_wellman
    South Metro

I know he had some last week!

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

You bet we are!!!!!!!!!!

m_komo
    Downers Grove, IL

Can I combo up one of these shorty rods and a 5 piece from Hager City Chicken????

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Quote:

Can I combo up one of these shorty rods and a 5 piece from Hager City Chicken????

LOL….sure can…but will probably be cold by the time it gets there!

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

They are great little trolling rods. A friend and I both picked up another one today.

Thanks, Bill

Viewing 16 posts - 31 through 46 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.