5 foot Trolling Rods

• fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

Dean, Would these be good when pulling sticks on the Pond? With 3-4 guys in the boat it would be nice to have 2 longer rods on the outside and these shorter ones on the inside. I guess I’m concerned about the shorter rod not acting as a shock absorber with superline.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Just was talking about that very thing…..the rod appears to be very capable in that aspect at least on lead so far.They have a very soft action and are not broomsticks like other rods in that length.I will be happy to have you test-drive one just to make sure though.

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

I might have to check them out this weekend sir

gjk1970
    Annandale Mn.

Dean~
    Who makes these rods???

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

These rods are made by Peregrine, I stopped by Deans last night to b.s. a little and low and behold he had exactly what I was looking for (he always does )

I’ve been looking for shorty trolling rods for some time now. And he hands me 2 of them as I walk through the door, almost like he read my mind….

I’m looking forward to using these this weekend on both core and long lining. Like Dean mentioned earlier, they are not stiff little broom sticks, these rods have enough flexibility and backbone to determine if the lure is running properly and handle the big ladies we are searching for.

My general reason for wanting a set of these short rods is for when there are 2 or more people in the boat and I have the longer either 9’6’s or 10 footers off of the side of the boat, the short rods will track inside of the longer rods with a lesser chance of tangling the lines.

Erick, definately bring the checkbook with, you’ll want a set of these!

Jami

Dean Marshall

Quote:

Dean~
    Who makes these rods???

It is private-labeled by one of my suppliers,it is called a shorty leadcore/superline rod.

Dean Marshall

FYI….just in, for those who are looking for a short leadcore or superline trolling rod and at a very reasonable price of $39! And is now available at Everts Resort.I have tried these out on leadcore set-ups and very impressed at the weight and sensitivity….no more wondering if your plug is fouled.As always feel free to try one out on us!

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

I swore you told me the other night on the phone Jami you were cutting backing fishing expenses a little it is a habit I know trust me I know after today

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

Dean, Would these be good when pulling sticks on the Pond? With 3-4 guys in the boat it would be nice to have 2 longer rods on the outside and these shorter ones on the inside. I guess I’m concerned about the shorter rod not acting as a shock absorber with superline.

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

Dean Marshall

Just was talking about that very thing…..the rod appears to be very capable in that aspect at least on lead so far.They have a very soft action and are not broomsticks like other rods in that length.I will be happy to have you test-drive one just to make sure though.

Dean Marshall

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

gjk1970
    Annandale Mn.

Dean~
    Who makes these rods???

gjk1970
    Annandale Mn.

Dean~
    Who makes these rods???

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

These rods are made by Peregrine, I stopped by Deans last night to b.s. a little and low and behold he had exactly what I was looking for (he always does )

I’ve been looking for shorty trolling rods for some time now. And he hands me 2 of them as I walk through the door, almost like he read my mind….

I’m looking forward to using these this weekend on both core and long lining. Like Dean mentioned earlier, they are not stiff little broom sticks, these rods have enough flexibility and backbone to determine if the lure is running properly and handle the big ladies we are searching for.

My general reason for wanting a set of these short rods is for when there are 2 or more people in the boat and I have the longer either 9’6’s or 10 footers off of the side of the boat, the short rods will track inside of the longer rods with a lesser chance of tangling the lines.

Jami

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

Jami

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Quote:

I swore you told me the other night on the phone Jami you were cutting backing fishing expenses a little

He did cut back fishing expenses ”alittle” by buying 2 ”little” rods.

[just couldn’t resist this one Erick]

Dean Marshall

Quote:

Dean~
    Who makes these rods???

It is private-labeled by one of my suppliers,it is called a shorty leadcore/superline rod.

Dean Marshall

Quote:

Dean~
    Who makes these rods???

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

I swore you told me the other night on the phone Jami you were cutting backing fishing expenses a little it is a habit I know trust me I know after today

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Quote:

I swore you told me the other night on the phone Jami you were cutting backing fishing expenses a little

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Quote:

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

I am, the wifey comes home tonight. The stuff I picked up from Dean already made the 48 hour rule, as far as I’m concerned, I always had them

Jami

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Quote:

I am, the wifey comes home tonight. The stuff I picked up from Dean already made the 48 hour rule, as far as I’m concerned, I always had them

Jami

So how many more hours of shopping do you have?

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

Jami

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

Jami

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Quote:

Jami

So how many more hours of shopping do you have?

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.