Deals after border is opened back up

• Andrew Rice
    Participant

I know one guide in Manitoba right away told customers he won’t be issuing any refunds. I’m not surprised, I had a less then stellar experience when I went with him. I imagine he’ll lose some customers but I think he’ll have new ones to replace the lost ones.

Sylvanboat
    Participant

Camp Quetico (East of Atikokan) credited my deposit to 2021.

OG Net_Man
    Participant

There is a list being compiled of resorts and how they are handling deposits for scheduled 2020 trips. I would need to count but they are up to 40+ resorts/outfitters either offering refund or roll over of deposit and only 1 resort/outfitter that had stated no to either option.

Pig-hunter
    Participant
    Southern Minnesota

On the refunds. Yes, if they can give them, they should. But those that act as if this is a MUST that they send the money back, rather than reschedule need to take a step back and realize what is actually going on here.

These places have 3-4 months to make money, the deposits they get during winter are used to cash flow during their slow times. That money has already been spent. By asking for a full refund rather than trying to reschedule your trip, you are helping to close that business down. Flat out, they don’t have that money to refund you, it has been gone for a long time.

Please remember this when you are ready to throw someplace under the bus. They are just trying to survive.

onestout
    Participant
    Hudson, WI

Here is one that is sorta related. The friends we had planned to travel with came down with Covid so we would like to push our trip out to 2021 (we are going to Alaska). VRBO doesn’t give the full amount back this close to the trip…ok, they should get something for their time. I called the owner, she said they agreed to give everything back, it is VRBO and Air BNB that is keeping the money…would be nice if they shared it. We figured out a way around it, the owner was able to reschedule the dates to 2021 where I was not without penalty. What a mess this has caused….now to call the fishing guides, car rental, airlines(again), parking….ugh.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.