Day 2

• bigpike

Managed to get out after work last night. I hugged the shore line and spudded to my destination. I found the ice to be of good quality and 2-3 ” thick. Actually when I did venture away from shorline after my tipups were set I found 3″ of great ice on the lake. The walleye are in typical first ice locations, coming up on the flats to feed. I had 5 flags and two chunky keepers in 2 hours. Getting ready to head back out…..here is my first fish of the season

Attachments:
    1. 20161209_155610.jpg

mbenson
    Minocqua, WI

Good Job, BigPike!!! I was going to sneak out and look at ice after the Badger/Marquette game…

Mark

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Nice job pike!

Be careful and i’m jealous

bigpike

Thanks guys, the bite was quite slower today. The morning was dead with two flags, no fish. The evening bite gave me 7 flags with 2 pike and 4 walleye. Unfortunately the size of the walleye was considerably smaller than last night. While the area I am fishing has good ice, my buddys who were trying to access there favorite first ice spots reported less than favorable conditions. Bottom line: use your head and dont take unnecessary risks for a couple fillets.

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Lucky guy.Hoping I can get out next weekend down here in the sw corner.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.