Cushion Repair and carpet replacement on 20 foot fiberglass boat

• Ed
    Participant
    Minnetrista, MN

Looking to get some repairs done on my boat cushions. Just small cracks in the vinyl. Anybody know of someone that does good work in the twin city metro – preferably west side of the metro?

I am also looking for the snap in carpet to be replaced if anyone can recomend?

Bass Thumb
    Participant
    Royalton, MN

Have you considered just replacing the seats? I replaced mine once the vinyl started cracking and getting brittle. It was just one crack after another. Bass Boat Seats was the company I went with. Great seats, and I wish I had gotten the center console years ago..

Ice Cap
    Participant

You probably don’t want to go this far but Link Brothers in Minong did all my pontoon seats last fall. Did the big L bench backs and seats and the captains chair for $800 and they turned out nice. I had another quote locally for $2200.
    I’m sure they could help you with a carpet as well.

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

Consider scrapping the marine carpet and going with a polymer vinyl non-skid material instead Ed. I had always had carpet in my boat until 2015 when I bought a new boat, and the salesman talked me into the hard surface instead. I will never have carpet in a boat again. Its so much easier to maintain and clean. It does not get hot in the sun and its not slippery when wet. Think of it like carpet in your house as opposed to a hard surface. Which one is easier to clean and maintain?

Dutchboy
    Participant
    Central Mn.

Top Gun Boat Covers

Address: 12912 Ventura Ct Ste 24, Shakopee, MN 55379
    Hours:
    Open ⋅ Closes 6PM

Hours or services may differ
    Phone: (952) 445-0549

When you reach him confirm the address.

mojogunter
    Participant

I don’t know if they are the same people that owned link marine in Minong among other link marine dealers. If they are the same people they screwed me out of several thousand dollars in about 2005-2006 when I did some business with them. Even though I am not sure they are one and the same, I wouldn’t give them a cent just in case. If you or anyone else can clarify they are different people I apologize for lumping them with the scum sucking pigs that went bankrupt with the dealers most likely sticking it to more than just me.

You probably don’t want to go this far but Link Brothers in Minong did all my pontoon seats last fall. Did the big L bench backs and seats and the captains chair for $800 and they turned out nice. I had another quote locally for $2200.
    I’m sure they could help you with a carpet as well.

Dutchboy
    Participant
    Central Mn.

Link Recreation…….ahh, the memories eh?

mojogunter
    Participant

One and the same. I have only been screwed by maybe 10 people since 1990 and they got me for the most. The second were the people that had the ice fishing contest out on medicine lake that had no money for prizes but didn’t cancel or scale back. They had filed bankruptcy before the contest even started knowing fully they had 100% no intention of paying for anything. They wrote checks but stopped payment that way it wasn’t criminal, but a civil issue. Because they were bankrupt no grounds to get anything. Nice little scam. Lesson learned.

Ice Cap
    Participant

Never dealt with Links before that so I’m not aware of any issues you are referring to. There was a reupholstering place that went belly up in Minong. The reupholster who worked there got picked up by Link rec and he does vinyl work out of a building behind their storage lot. All I can say is it was a good job at a fair price.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.