High water again

• Mike W
    Participant
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Does anyone have any water reports. I heard that the Snake river is over its banks tonight. That wont take long to get down here. Heading out of Osceola this weekend. I supose it will be way up again. The high water is what got the fish bitting up here last time. That long hot stable weather i think helped a little also.

rivereyes
    Participant
    Osceola, Wisconsin

count on the croix rising for the next few days……. it was approaching bankfull today… but still had some room…. but Im going to guess its going out of its banks again….

chris-tuckner
    Participant
    Hastings/Isle MN

Don’t worry, it’s coming! The Snake, Willow (MN), and Kettle are filled to the Brim right now, and no where to go but here! All I can hope is that my duck pond in Pine City is full this year! Last year it was as dry as a popcorn fart, with no ducks to be found anywhere.
    Tuck

steveo
    Participant
    W Central Sconnie

it looked high in Hudson yesterday. this high water has meant a good bite (for me). can only guess that it’s going up,up,up.

DickWinkleman
    Participant
    St. Paul, MN

I’ve been a long time visitor, but this is my first post on the site. I finally have a chance to fishtheriver and need some advice.

Heading out Sunday morning for my first trip to the Croix this year (too many distractions this summer) and was curious what the walleye bite has been like north of stillwater and south of the checkpoint. I prefer to fish this area because my 14 fter is a cork on the wakes the knuckleheaded cruisers kick up and I have had pretty decent luck in years past . I would be open to the Bayport area and south on a weekday but Sunday IS the day I have. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I will post my results, good or bad.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

With the last name of Winkleman it should be in your blood !!

Good luck !!

ec

Mike W
    Participant
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Made it out on friday. What a nice evening. Fishing was what i expected with the high water. I did find a few fish on a current break where the muddy channel water and the clearer backwater came together. It was nice thou to be able to run the boat where ever i wanted. Im going to take anouther trip out tommorow and spend a little more time in the backwaters.
    Hey Rivereyes Is it still coming up in Oscoela? It sure is nice being able to put in there this late in the year.
    Good Luck

rivereyes
    Participant
    Osceola, Wisconsin

looks like its still rising…… again!…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.