Osceola opener!!!!1

• ErikWinkleman
    Participant
    Osceola, WI

Anybody going to be out in the osceola area?

rivereyes
    Participant
    Osceola, Wisconsin

im either going out of Osceola or Franconia… Ive not decided yet….

wa11eyeguy
    Participant

Hello all….

I’m new to this forum, and new to the St. Croix too. The only fishing I’ve done on the river is from shore at Osceola park a few times. I’m going to give it a shot this weekend. Heading out of Franconia and going upstream to a spot my buddy told me about. Hopefully the walleyes/saugers are cooperative. If not, I’m sure we’ll at least catch something…..

Mike W
    Participant
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Heading out of Osceola hopefully tonight. I got the fever bad and need to get my fix. You may see me sleeping in my boat anchored out in front of Peasley lake. Please wake me up so I can reel in my fish.

I went out of Fronconia on thursday. The water was up to the end of the ramp. that was not to bad but it the ramp was a little soft. It may get a little messy up there when all the rigs start dropping water on that ramp. Thats why Im heading out of Osceola. Hey Rivereyes is the water up to the end of the ramps there? I would think so.

I caught two sucker fish on thursday. one whittie, no crappie. and nothing else. One guy caught one crappie up at rock island. I checked everywhere on thursday for crappies but none to be found. It was pretty tough fishing that day with the wind blowing down river. the current didnt help eather. Dig out the big anchors for tommorow.

I need to check the weather now to see if Im going to get wet in the morning.

rivereyes
    Participant
    Osceola, Wisconsin

Well.. we did not hit it early or hard… by the time we got out there it was WINDY.. CLOUDY… COLD……

but we caught 5 walleyes.. biggest was 20″…. the rest.. well.. they were walleyes….. trolling #7 perch shadraps… and 3ways with bait were about equal… water depth was mostly less than 10’… all fish were males… all were still spewing milt!!…. amazing…..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.