Croix ice conditions??

• G_Smitty
    New Richmond, WI

Anyone driving vehicles out from North Hudson yet?? Ice thickness?

3Rivers

As of yesterday evening the barricades are still up on the Bayport side. Little to no vehicle traffic and ice is approx 9-11″

3Rivers

Barricades are still up today…

buck-slayer

Surprised that they would put barriers up. When they take them down they are saying ice is safe and if someone would drop in that could be a lawsuit. Have a buddy that lives just S of ferry landing in N Hudson and said just 4 wheeler action out there now.

G_Smitty
    New Richmond, WI

heard trucks are driving all over today?

G_Smitty
    New Richmond, WI

I heard trucks were driving all over today (that’s a statement). The “?” at the end infers a question to confirm or deny… )

3Rivers

The barricades came down on Thursday night. We drove out there on Sat and found 11″. A few trucks and even a Suburban out there. It’s not making ice fast with these temps, that’s for sure.

uninc4709

The barricades came down on Thursday night. We drove out there on Sat and found 11″. A few trucks and even a Suburban out there. It’s not making ice fast with these temps, that’s for sure.

If you’re going to drive use caution. Still finding areas of 8 inches of good ice with 3 inches of white junk on top. I am surprised they opened up the drive on access.

G_Smitty
    New Richmond, WI

I drove out yesterday from the North Hudson access… stayed near the shoreline and walked in…. Good ice along the edges but as mentioned above, found some areas with under 10″ – quite spotty. Some yahoo drove straight across toward Bayport going way too fast…

KP
    Hudson, WI

I drove out yesterday from the North Hudson access… stayed near the shoreline and walked in…. Good ice along the edges but as mentioned above, found some areas with under 10″ – quite spotty. Some yahoo drove straight across toward Bayport going way too fast…

I was out yesterday as well and also saw that idiot go flying across the ice. We walked out and found ice from 14 inches to 8 inches so again people please be careful.

As for fishing it was very slow. Lots of marks but couldn’t get much to bite.

G_Smitty
    New Richmond, WI

Was slow for me too… had times when there’d be two or three marks sniffing and even following the bait up but couldn’t get much to bite. Caught the smallest walleye I’ve ever seen – I had bigger minnows in my bucket. )

KP
    Hudson, WI

G_Smitty I also caught my smallest walleye ever on Sunday. I dont think it was even 5 inches long. Hopefully with some snow coming in at the end of the week it will make the fish more active.

beardly
    Hastings, Mn

I fished out of Bayport today away from the crowds. Walked out from the park. First time I have fished this area. I seen one half ton truck, a jeep, a mini van and a couple cars driving. While looking for fish I found areas of 8″ of ice. Some holes had big chunk ice. I would be very cautious of driving out there. The ice didn’t seem very good even in the thicker areas.

3Rivers

Dodge Durango went through mid channel straight out from Bayport on Sat night. Father and Son were able to make it out safe, but the vehicle is sitting in 31 feet of water. Ice measured 9.5 in the area it went through. Sounds like an active crack may have contributed to the ice condition in that spot.

KP
    Hudson, WI

Any recent reports on fishing?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.