Cranks & numbers of walleye

• Evan_peterson12
    Rosemount, MN

Hey all,

Have finally started to get the hang of catching some big eyes but noticed August has been by far my least productive fishing month. My favorite go-to has been a shore fishing spot on a sand flat throwing cranks 2-4ft off the surface. Wondering if this method of fishing will produce numbers again this year or if there were other suggestions in catching these elusive meals? Pool 3 night fishing mostly, have a boat but have yet to really make a lot of night trips.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

It will….mid to late fall this pattern will be very good in shallow water at night.

Evan_peterson12
    Rosemount, MN

That’s awesome. Boating safety first, I have a very little john boat and with the wind as strong as it has been during the day I am hesitant to bring it out unless the fish are biting.

Any tips on pool 3 fishing? Sunnies and white bass have been picked up with ease lately same with the oh so common sheepshead. Wondering what else there is to fish for in the great Miss!

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

I spend more time on 2….just been recently learning 3 as well. But, many of the patterns are the same. They’ll move shallow and chase bait in the fall at night. Find the bait and find the fish.

Pick through the pool 2 report a bit, too. That has great info. As the water cools many guys are looking for shallow structure and rocks. Working cranks and plastics.

My best advice….look for the bait and the “fishy” spots. You’ll find them.

Good luck.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.