Craigslist ATV/UTV/SNO

• Jeremy
    Richland County, WI

There must not be any staff there watching what gets posted at all, everything from go carts, golf carts, lawnmowers, SUVs, jet skis, and mini trucks and some ads by owner are in every site in the state and some of those should be dealer listings and some of these places have to be trying to run a business as I doubt most people have 400 snowmobiles in their backyard(New Lisbon area) or a building full of ATV tires and fenders(Plover) or a bunch of golf carts for sale(Lake City, MN), and one place has a bunch of new parts for sale and even a Dealer sign for Yamaha(Darien)

I have tried using the hide and flag option but eventually the same junk keeps coming back and I don’t have my browser set to clear cookies

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

And you posted this here why???

munchy
    NULL

There must not be any staff there watching what gets posted at all,

If you think its possible to watch the largest website in the world with a total of 50 people I have a bridge to sell you.

Coletrain27

Complaining about a free site to post things… of course everybody is gonna post on there. Doesn’t bother me I just keep scrolling or search for what I’m looking for.

There’s non hunting/fishing stuff posted in the classifieds on this forum… does that bother you also?

Jeremy
    Richland County, WI

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Jeremy wrote:</div>
    There must not be any staff there watching what gets posted at all,

If you think its possible to watch the largest website in the world with a total of 50 people I have a bridge to sell you.

I thought they checked IP addresses to determine location as part of a script on the servers

Complaining about a free site to post things… of course everybody is gonna post on there. Doesn’t bother me I just keep scrolling or search for what I’m looking for.

There’s non hunting/fishing stuff posted in the classifieds on this forum… does that bother you also?

If the rules allow non hunting/fishing stuff, I don’t care. I can’t say that I have visited the classifieds here much.
    As long as craigslist has been around you would think the hide button would work on an ad

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

My issue searching atvs and sleds even is half of them are scams. I cant believe how many scams cl has these days

Terry Heese

My issue searching atvs and sleds even is half of them are scams. I cant believe how many scams cl has these days

X2

munchy
    NULL

I thought they checked IP addresses to determine location as part of a script on the servers

It’s been a while since I’ve posted anything on there, however I recall that was only for ease of use. When you log in it automatically brings you to your local area via your IP. However you can still shop and post to other areas just by changing locations.

Craigslist is mostly a user moderated platform. If you find something out of place, illegal, or likely a scam, report it. But with the massive growth of Facebook Marketplace more and more users are moving there and leaving CL behind. And with less and less user to moderate there will become more junk postings. Honestly unless something changes I see CL going the way of MySpace within 10 years.

And the reason postings you already ignored/flagged keep popping back up is because they keep getting reposted. There is likely someone running a script out there that automatically keeps reposting things.

I suggest you check out Facebook Marketplace.

Jeremy
    Richland County, WI

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Jeremy wrote:</div>

It’s been a while since I’ve posted anything on there, however I recall that was only for ease of use. When you log in it automatically brings you to your local area via your IP. However you can still shop and post to other areas just by changing locations.

Craigslist is mostly a user moderated platform. If you find something out of place, illegal, or likely a scam, report it. But with the massive growth of Facebook Marketplace more and more users are moving there and leaving CL behind. And with less and less user to moderate there will become more junk postings. Honestly unless something changes I see CL going the way of MySpace within 10 years.

And the reason postings you already ignored/flagged keep popping back up is because they keep getting reposted. There is likely someone running a script out there that automatically keeps reposting things.

I suggest you check out Facebook Marketplace.

A lot of the ones that show back up show a posted time of many days ago and that makes me wonder if they are bumping the post and that makes it appear again.
    I could use my disposable gmail account to make a fake facebook profile and use incognito browser on chrome. I have never had a facebook profile as I have always considered it to be identity theft central

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

On the left side of the web page you can fine tune your search. I’ve noticed it defaults to “any sales” or something similar to that which allows the sale of darn near anything to be included. Uncheck that box and only click ATV, Snowmobile, or whatever you’re searching for. It should clean up the junk a bit.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

I agree CL has gotten hard to use due to all the crap. Also agree more people are using Facebook marketplace. Personally I hate marketplace. The search capabilities are sh** and you find scams all over that place too. Maybe we should go back to ads in the newspaper

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.