Cottonwoods done yet up North?

• mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

The Cottonwoods are still spawning here in the metro. This pic is from this afternoon in New Hope, MN.

I’m going to have no hope of avoiding them during my tournament this weekend. Always love a good snow drift in June!

FryDog62

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>James Holst wrote:</div>
    The Cottonwoods are still spawning here in the metro. This pic is from this afternoon in New Hope, MN.

I’m going to have no hope of avoiding them during my tournament this weekend. Always love a good snow drift in June!

I’d seriously consider bringing a cane pole and hand-lining…!

Tinker
    Iron Range

Cottonwood fuzz, Dandelion fuzz, Mayflies, Gnats and jumbo Mosquitoes. Man,I love Northern Mn. Let’s go fishin.

Aboxy17

Cottonwood fuzz, Dandelion fuzz, Mayflies, Gnats and jumbo Mosquitoes. Man,I love Northern Mn. Let’s go fishin.

Don’t forget wood ticks I pulled 8 off my leg after bank fishing for 10 minutes in Int Falls last weekend. Tuesday night derby was a big pain this week. Almost impossible to get those clumps off of the braid. Made casting wacky worms and other weightless baits on spinning gear hard.

Sharon
    Dakota County, MN

Holy cottonwood, James!! shock shock I’m on my way with my lighter!! mrgreen mrgreen

FryDog62

No worries, the days start getting shorter in 2 weeks anyway !!

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Prefished today and luckily there must not be many cottonwoods on the lake because there wasn’t much fuzz on the lake. Weren’t many bass either…..Everything I caught came off a dock.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Up north? It’s still a mess down here!

Lansing IA was BAD a week ago, but the rain kept them at bay. Now that the rain stopped the old Miss is a white river.

Lou W

Still blowing around the Walker,MN. Played golf last weekend and some of the greens looked like they had a good dusting of snow

ssaamm
    Pequot Lakes

Was out on Pelican in Breezy Point tonight. It’s better, but still an ass pain. Don’t remember it lasting a couple weeks like this in the past.

dirtywater

So… who has pointers for fishing in this crud? Other than not fishing the wind-blown side of the lake? I’ve never really experienced this before, but it sounds like we are in for a treat up on the border this week. This photo from Basswood lake. I finally got some bwca motor permits this year, and this is what we’re up against (stolen from the bwca forum) jester

Attachments:
    1. cotton.jpeg

FryDog62

So… who has pointers for fishing in this crud? Other than not fishing the wind-blown side of the lake? I’ve never really experienced this before, but it sounds like we are in for a treat up on the border this week. This photo from Basswood lake. I finally got some bwca motor permits this year, and this is what we’re up against (stolen from the bwca forum) jester

Maybe light a match, throw it on top of the thickest part…. “better run…!”

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Yikes, hope we have lots of wind and rain before you get there and it’s gone…otherwise putting a small sinker or swivel on the line can help catch some of it, but still sucks.

FryDog62

Avoid using braided line if you can… it really grabs the cotton ~

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I’d give up. I would be cleaning reels for days after that mess.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Looks like the second coming today in Farmington today.
    I might need to get out the snowblower! flame

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Mostly done floating around here in my neighborhood. A hard rain this afternoon may have helped.

Viewing 17 posts - 31 through 47 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.