corn plot is up

• zubba
    potosi,wi

I planted my biggest corn plot to date. bout 2 acres we figured. It took a whole bag of corn $170 bag, cheapest they had at the feed mill. 6 bags of urea at $15 bag. plowing it up discing it, and diesel these deer are getting expensive. I will do a couple small ones this fall with turnips and buck forage oats. Planted it sat of memorial day weekend and came up in 8 days. The buck is from last fall and I’m pretty sure he made it thru the year.

Attachments:
    1. trailpics-14-022.jpg

2. corn-plot-007.jpg

slabchaser87
    Isle, MN

Nice! I planted 3/4-1 acre this year. Do you use a 2 row? And yes between food plots, mineral, and corn, beans and alfalfa for the winter I don’t even want to figure out price per pound.

zubba
    potosi,wi

yes we have a john deere 2 row and it is an organic farm so we don’t spray it. It is lookn real good even with all the rain. Now it is time to get started on fall plots. My brother wants to try sweet peas so I gave him a 1/2 acre spot. I like rape, it does well and they eat the crap out of it once the frost hits. I also had good luck with turnips down here in sw wisc. got rained out today wanted to get cameras out oh well goin to cabelas to use points on trophy rocks.

Attachments:
    1. corn-plot-003.jpg

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.