Cool moose encounter

• Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Thought this was pretty cool experience and thought I’d share this early. Olivia and I are spending the month in colorado before she starts college. We have a project going that will enable us to get a number of days in hiking, shooting, and a lot of photography work. 1st day out I took her to an area I have seen a few moose in. She got a front row view of a nice CO bull

Attachments:
    1. 20160729_122517.jpg

2. 20160729_125322.jpg

Wayne Daul
    Green Bay, Wi

Very cool. Rare encounter. Hard to beat the wildlife and scenery out west.

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

Very cool Randy, thanks for sharing. I’d be a little shy about getting that close to a bull moose with just a camera in hand, kudos to her!!

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

She had stalked up into the woods and got a bunch of pics before she got busted. Hilarious to watch it play peek a Boo with her. It kept hiding it’s head behind a tiny Tree. She walked out to get back to the atv and it strolled right out behind her and crossed the meadow.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Awesome! I’m hoping to see a moose or few next week in WY!

IceNEyes1986
    Harris, MN

That’s pretty neat! I was fortunate enough to see my first wild moose up on the Ash River Trail on our way to spend the week at a friends cabin on Namakan in July. Amazing creatures! I did the best I could to get a pic but he was trotting along the side of the road in the shade and he was VERY dark. Picture didn’t turn out too great but at least I know what I was trying to take a picture of!

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

few more moose

Attachments:
    1. IMG_7976.jpg

2. IMG_8709.jpg

AKG

Greetings Randy,
    I have attached a very unusual photo of a moose encounter I had in Alaska. I was guiding on the Mulchatna River, when our jet boat rounded a bend in the river, revealing two moose that had drowned. Needless to say, both these moose, died for wrong reason…lol. It could be said, that these moose were looking for love in the all the wrong places. My buddy made a great deal of money of a photo taken of these two bulls. Some of my best memories are of hunting moose in AK.
    People do not realize how big a moose is, until ya walk up on one that has been harvested.
    Thanks for the post,
    Salute,
    AKG

Attachments:
    1. 20170920_164646.jpg

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

A great pic AKG of the brutality of nature. As a sportsman and guide, you want to see each animal utilized. Mother nature just takes back and thats the way it is. toast

AKG

Thanks Randy,

We called AK Fish and Game from camp and got permission to harvest. Most of the meat went to many good folks in Ekwok AK. Harvesting two bull moose in a ragging river presented quite the challenge. Thank God for chain saws. Nothing goes to waste in AK.

Cheers,
    AKG

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.