Confession

• Smellson

He was using livescope (admitted it in another video). Pretty easy to tell the difference between walleye and bass on livescope. And if isn’t, it’s easy to see that you’re casting to the same school of fish and pulling the same 28-30″ walleye ought to tell you something.

And if you caught a couple 30″ walleyes on a jerkbait, you would just pack up an get out of there?! Never met the guy but know his reputation….just find it enlightening that nobody on here would ever do something so terrible.

ranger680t

If walleye were out of season…yes. Rules are rules. Don’t care if you believe me or not. Also not mad about it just stating facts straight from his own mouth.

Gitchi Gummi

I think the part you guys are missing is the videos he posted to social media saying he’s fishing prespawn walleyes…. then gets a ticket for it and then claims he wasnt walleye fishing. He literally posted direct video evidence of him doing it and even added the text captions on the video says hes hammering prespawn walleyes.

This doesn’t look like a jerk bait to me

Attachments:
    1. C416817A-0AAD-4B1A-A381-DD91D610ADE7.png

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I’m not saying it’s right by any means. The guys a obvious idiot. Just saying there are many different bags who do the same thing. Either way, I have no idea who he is and it doesn’t effect me I guess. I probably won’t be missing his latest and greatest videos

Gitchi Gummi

Just because others do it, doesn’t make it ok for him or anyone else to do it. I must be in the minority in not having ever targeted fish out of season. I’m not a bass guy so I guess that eliminates a big part of the potential for that.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

and here i thought Eric was a good dude. i can understand doing what he did if you were a weekend fisherman that got caught up in the moment but that is not acceptable if you are a big time fishing guide posting to the entire country about your triumphs.
    another reason why i rarely brag about my fishing accomplishments. why do people feel the need to post about catching fish like they are looking for some kind of gratification?
    i have seen some videos of him walking tribs and on private land getting cussed out by landowners and now it makes me wonder? he knows right from wrong but guessing he pushes the boundaries all for the clicks.

milemark_714

Fishing for smallmouth but only posting <em class=”ido-tag-em”>walleyes in the video? must not know how to fish for smallies. I have seen him on other videos and shows around and heard from people that have seen him in action around Milwaukee, havent heard anything positive over the years but I have no first hand experience with him

He is a spot sniper,and will horn in on guys that are catching fish.Like telling them to get off my lawn.This is on Lake Michigan tribs.
    Punishment should be him and John G in the same boat for a day,but maybe they will like each other?

carver
    West Metro

Just add him into the bucket with Alex.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Just add him into the bucket with Alex.

Now who the hell is Alex lol

eyecatchum
    Milwaukee WI

The ironic part is, Eric is getting tons of publicity for this and will only pay a couple hundred dollar fine. The increased revenue from his YouTube alone will offset it. “There is no such thing as bad publicity”

troutbum
    St. Paul

Looks like that banana slug of a
    fishing guide made him take down his video.

Attachments:
    1. DCB879BD-7145-48DA-A43F-B2EAD14B715D.png

wirivereyes
    Central WI

A licensed captain and guide not just targeting fish out of season but promoting it!

Jimmy Jones

Where I do my immediately-after-ice-out crappie fishing, smallies are common. The crappies are in deeper water while the smallies will be in shoreline water generally under three feet deep. Once in a while the wind or current will pull a line in shallow and a smallie will latch on but our incidental-catch rule is simple: un-hook and release. Very quickly.

This guide dude knows the difference between accidental catches and targeting. He’ll get what he has coming.

3Rivers

I see everything has been wiped from social media. Almost like it never happened…

Gitchi Gummi

seems like he deleted all of his social media accounts except his youtube channel… probably trying to stay low until this blows over. wishful thinking but hopefully this shuts him up for a while

10klakes

seems like he deleted all of his social media accounts except his youtube channel… probably trying to stay low until this blows over. wishful thinking but hopefully this shuts him up for a while

?? quick check and his FB and IG accounts are alive and very active. Eric was on top of things and deleting and blocking all of the comments calling him out for poaching. Makes it look like nothing happened.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Ted T did that years ago. He was “crappie” fishing on Red Lake and did a TV segment on catching early season walleye.

I dont think I am a big enough man to stop catching trophy fish that keep biting, but I wouldn’t advertise it either!!!!

Gitchi Gummi

?? quick check and his FB and IG accounts are alive and very active. Eric was on top of things and deleting and blocking all of the comments calling him out for poaching. Makes it look like nothing happened.

he must have blocked me for my commenting ) lol love that. the guy is as soft a pillow

3Rivers

yep, you definitely got the boot )

Viewing 20 posts - 31 through 50 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.