tourny this weekend

• Brian Robinson
    Participant
    central Neb

Just got back last night at about 230am from fishing with Ben and Pete, had a great time. Fishing conditions out there may be a little tough this weekend, but I know those two will find em somewhere.

Also got the opportunity to meet Sharkbait Wed night…pretty cool guy. Looking forward to doing some fishing with you, Chris.

Also finally met Pete Thur afternoon when he arrived. Funny as hell, that guy!

Thanks for inviting me out, Ben!

I’m lookin for that 1st place finish Sunday, guys!

zachary fries
    Participant
    Central Nebraska

I think it will be tough to say the least

jjb963
    Participant
    Nebraska

Good luck to everyone I wasn’t able to make it to this one but will be there for the State tourney in Sept. Put on plenty of sun screen and catch lots of fish. Jake

seibert
    Participant
    Kearney, Nebraska

Hey Guys,
    I’m floating my boat on Big Mac and thought I would give you a real time update.
    The bite has been tough the last few days, but today seems to be a different story. Four hours into the tourney we have seen some very nice fish at the scales. Several 3 to 4 pounders, four over 6pounds and one 8.77lb HAWG. The final flight will be in at 2:20 this afternoon. We launched at 6:00am to try and beat the heat today. As of right now the team to catch is gonna be Kevin Jenny and Corey Perry, at 11:00am they brought four fish to the scales weighing in at 19.05lbs!!! I personnally scaled them, so that is the correct weight. I have not seen Ben and Pete today so I don’t know their story. I will check in later today.

layne-monroe
    Participant
    Lincoln, Ne

Keep us posted Bill…. that is definetely a nice scale of fish. Hopefully Ben and Pete bring in a nice livewell full as well….. Let’s see some pics of the mullet!

Layne Monroe

Brian Robinson
    Participant
    central Neb

Quote:

…. Let’s see some pics of the mullet!

I think maybe they should weigh THAT thing in!

LONG LIVE THE MULLET!!!

seibert
    Participant
    Kearney, Nebraska

Day 1 is closed and the day ended quite a bit tougher than it started. There are 47 teams in the tourney and 18 teams weighed fish on day one. 36 fish were scaled with an average just under 4 pounds per fish.
    The stakes are quite high as the payout for the top four boats is 95%. First place will cash a $6500.00 check, second is $3000.00, third $2000.00, and fourth $1650.00.

The current standings are as follows.
    1. Kevin Jenny/Korey Perry 20.94lbs
    2. Jeff Mekelburg/Ev Tarrell 15.50lbs
    3. Robert Purcell/Ken Jindra 13.08lbs
    4. Blaine Presley/Nick Presley 9.43lbs
    5. Bill Mueller/John Mueller 8.91lbs
    6. Jeremy Martensen/Randy Johannsen 8.10lbs
    7. Troy Glover/ Rob Lee 7.45.lbs
    8. Leland Bailey/Andy VanCampen 7.20lbs
    9. Ronnie Snyder/John Flaherty 6.40lbs
    10. Lonnie Snyder/Ronnied Snyder 5.85lbs
    11. Chuck Craig/Hunter Craig 5.49lbs
    12. Matt Wissing/Chris Wissing 5.43lbs
    13. Brad Dush/Clint Spath 5.29lbs
    14. Jerry Leece/Rick Bishop 5.02lbs
    15. Roberto Martinez/Aaron Dillon 4.28lbs
    16. Ron Green/Seth Green 3.75lbs
    17. Ray Salvatore/Luke Eachus 1.55.lbs
    18. Ryan Vowers/Jason Vowers 1.46lbs

Unfortunately as of today the Mullet has not done its job. The remainder of the teams didn’t catch any keepers. There are lots of catfish, white bass, and smallmouths being caught at the lake. Its a great time to be at beautiful lake McConaughy.
    The teams are listed on http://www.fishtowin.com.

Brian Robinson
    Participant
    central Neb

Thanks for that great update and report, Bill. I wish I culd have hung around longer so that I could have met you, so I hope to do that sometime soon. I got to talk to Leland a little bit, so that was good.

Catch em up, and have a safe trip back.

seibert
    Participant
    Kearney, Nebraska

Just a quick update. The team of Purcell and Jindra brought a 7.01lb walleye to the scale at 8:00 this morning. Things are going to get quite interesting around here today. I will try to keep updating as the day goes on.

layne-monroe
    Participant
    Lincoln, Ne

Thanks for the updates Bill…. How did it end up?

Layne Monroe

seibert
    Participant
    Kearney, Nebraska

Day 2 ended up being tougher than day one as only 13 teams brought fish to the scales. Many teams may have harvested their day 2 catch or released their fish since they were out of the money.
    The leader board did make a change after the second day. The team of Jeff Mekelburg and Ev Tarrell passed the day one leaders to win the tournament and cash the $6500.00 first place prize. Day one leaders Korey Perry and Kevin Jenny fell to second place. The third place team of Robert Purcell and Ken Jindra held their position with that seven pounder mentioned in an earlier post. The team finishing fourth was probably the most fun for me. Chuck Craig and his 8 year old son,Hunter, brought 7.74 pounds to the scale on day two catapulting them from 11th place to fourth, to cash the $1600.00 prize. The cool part was that Hunter caught both fish on day 1, which set them up for the oppurtunity to cash a check.
    I will have all the results and a report up on the http://www.fishtowin.com website sometime in the next 6 to 12 hours.

Ben Garver
    Participant
    Hickman, Nebraska

I hate to say it but we went 5 days without boating a walleye. Conditions were tough to say the least. I’ll bet we trolled close to 100 miles and slabbed for a total of 12 hours and still couldn’t get one. The catfishing and the white bass were unreal. We only caught a few cats under 4 lbs and we boated a ton of them. They sure do get your heart pumping first thing in the AM on tourney day, then 30 feet from the boat they let you know they are a cat. The amount of bait fish in the lake is unbelievable right now. Hopfully a lot of them get eaten up before the NWT Championship at the end of
    Sept.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.