topwater action

• sharkbait
    Participant
    The mud puddle in western Ks

The topwater action is still running on Mac for wipers but it’s short fast and furious.On sunny days we are only getting about a 20 minute bite at sunset.The morning bite was about an hour on Sunday .Sunday evening was overcast and the bite was close to a full hour .I caught 7-8 fish on Sunday evening around 5 lbs each.Nice hour of fishing any time.I am really liking the rapala X series baits great hooks on a top quality bait.

zachary fries
    Participant
    Central Nebraska

Thanks for the report Shark. Are they still up in the Martin area?

sharkbait
    Participant
    The mud puddle in western Ks

Thats where I’ve been hitting them.It’s kind of nice again the easy days are over when they hit for a couple hours so you have to be there for the quick flurry then its over.All the weekenders have about given up on them.I have had a couple up close to 10# this week.Hope to get the battery for the dig cam so I can finally post some photos.wind and clouds seem to really bring a good bite.The water is dropping fast this week.So hope for rain soon.

layne-monroe
    Participant
    Lincoln, Ne

Great report Shark and you are right those wipers are a blast especially if you can get them to hit any topwater bait! I still need to make a run out west and fish those wipers you have out there. The fish at Branched Oak just are not cooperating for us this year with all the high water. We need to send some of that out your way to help out Big Mac some more.

Thanks for the report.

Layne Monroe

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.