Pray for el nino

• sharkbait
    The mud puddle in western Ks

This morning on the radio there was a report that el nino was moving up to a moderate rating.I’m not sure what the implications are for this winter but last time this happened when the el nino got to a moderate to strong strength was the spring and summers that were wet.Hope I am remembering that right.Anyway about it we need moisture bad……

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

I hear ya, Shark. Big Mac isn’t looking so big these days, that’s for sure. Pretty nasty, not gonna get better anytime soon.

Can you see the old city ruins pretty good right now? Where exactly are those located?

fishman1
    Dubuque, Iowa

We don’t need any more moisture down this way. We just received around 3-1/2″ of rain over the past few days and it hasn’t been dry here all summer. It hasn’t been really wet either. I’d say that we received an average of an inch of rain a week in the eastern Iowa area which is exacly what the farmers want for the best growing conditions.

I did hear on the TV the other day something about the winter weather pattern. The NWS is predicting a warmer than average winter as well as a wetter than average winter for the upper midwest/western great lakes. This is directly opposite from what the Farmer’s Alminac predicts. They predict a cold, dry winter. The NWS guy said it had something to do with El Nino or some weather condition in the Pacific. Really there is nothing any of us can do about it anyway. I’ll take a warmer than normal winter like the ones we’ve been having. I don’t care for tons of snow but I can deal with it. It is much better than 20 below zero and heating bills out of this world.

Eyehunter

sharkbait
    The mud puddle in western Ks

[quotesoon]I hear ya, Shark. Big Mac isn’t looking so big these days, that’s for sure. Pretty nasty, not gonna get better anytime .

Can you see the old city ruins pretty good right now?

Where exactly are those located?

Yes you can see alot of the old foundations right now.They are about 1 mile southwest from my house. they are just southwest of the town of Lemoyne and admirals cove.There are also alot of farmsteads scattered around out here.It really looks strange.Wish I had time to walk around in the mud with a good gps right now.Wouldn’t that be awesome.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.