Is the lake level still dropping?

• Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Are they done with the water releases yet? Is it a new record low??

sharkbait
    The mud puddle in western Ks

Last night there didn’t look like any releases were going on.The lake has dropped about 1 ft this week it looked like.There are tons of foundations out of the water on the west end and you there are odds and ends of old equipment metal and concrete in the shallows in really strange spots.Last I heard it hadn’t dropped to the all time low .I think it was a couple feet above that but it is something like 3ft below last years levels.I’m not exactly sure on these #’s but they are close.I know it looks ugly driving by every day on the way to work.Still can get a boat on at the dam and theres still more water than any where else in the state.Sounds like the fall walleye run may be starting to fire up and whites and wipers are still going good.

sharkbait
    The mud puddle in western Ks

I’ve been over the dam every day since Friday and I guess they must need alot of electricity during the day for the Nebraska game and for the NFL games.Every morning they have been pulling water but in the evenings it looks like things are shut down.Pretty crappy weather for fishing this weekend.Wind and clouds with very little rain just lots of drizzle and sprinkles.

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Thanks for the updates. I sure hope they can have a real winter in Wyoming this year. If things don’t turn around real soon it will be disasterous for the entire state of Nebraska.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

I just read in the paper that it’s not a record low right now, but they expect it to reach near that low sometime in the next couple of weeks. I wonder why they’re still letting so much out? In walleye4’s report, he said that it was just pouring into Johnson’s lake…..why?

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

Do we still owe Kansas water? That could be the reason.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

I think we do owe KS a lot…but usually that comes from down south, like the Republican river, doesn’t it? This water stays pretty much north, until it hits the Might MO. They’ve been talking about building a canal from the Platte to the Rep, but I don’t think that’ll happen anytime soon.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.