Compressor regulator

• Deuces

Have a dual tank DeWalt compressor that has been great, fast motor, fills up the tanks quick, but when we get a couple 15ga staplers going on it the fasteners come up short after several faster whacks, especially when both are pounding away. Goes just fine if installers slow down but that’s obviously not as productive.

Brought the garage 30gallon in and problem went away, but not an option for keeping in the work vans. Hoses, connections and staplers are solid, I really feel a higher quality/higher output regulator will fix it. Any links to easy take off put on type parts out there?

Thanks for any help

Dave maze
    Isanti

Would gun mounted regs be an option?

Deuces

I feel the problem lies in getting air to the gun, and no I would rather not have another item for the fellas to break off on the gun itself.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Are you using 1/4-inch hoses rather than 3/8 ID hoses? Have you tried running both guns off of 3/8 hoses?

mojogunter

Run bigger diameter hoses like grouse said, if that doesn’t work then you may need to change the switch to have the compressor turn on earlier, so the air level doesn’t fall too low while two staplers are running. It probably kicks on now at 75 or 90 PSI, and you need it to come on at about 110 PSI so it doesn’t have the chance to drop too low.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Been laying low for a minute or two Beads?

Deuces

We run 3/8 hose w 1/4 connections, and have for 20 years, no issues until now. My brain seems to tell me the carrier of air to the gun doesn’t matter, have run 1/4 hoses plenty of times as well w no issues, if anything switching over to 3/8 connect will only exacerbate the issue. But I’m wrong plenty.

Deuces

Ramped up the biz john, just trying to keep up and grow with it.

Ice fishing can also go suck it so don’t have much to add this winter

Jeremy
    Richland County, WI

What are the ratings on the compressor?
    I have one with a 4.5 gallon tank that is rated at 5 scfm @ 90psi that handles 2 roofing nailers at once with 3/8″ hose.

I did have an issue with one of the quick connect fittings and I couldn’t hardly pump up a tire once

Iowaboy1

When was the last time you drained the tanks??
    It is possible you have a bunch of water ( now ice ) if it sits outside much.
    Compressors are great water makers when they run very long in humid environments.
    When that happens you displace the amount of air you can generate.

Deuces

4 gallon 4cfm @ 90psi

I replaced the fittings at tank within the first month

Deuces

Good call Sheldon I haven’t drained em for a lil bit, will check in the AM but I usually notice when they’re sloshing around good and will drain em right away. Work inside exclusively

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Ramped up the biz john, just trying to keep up and grow with it.

Ice fishing can also go suck it so don’t have much to add this winter

Ah good for you on the business part. Ice fishing has been rough this year.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.