Competitor 205 Tiller and Canon Mag 10 Mounting suggestions?

• gregl2017

I recently picked up 2 used Canon Mag 10 STX downriggers with extendable booms and risers.

I’m a little concerned at how easy it is to flex the gunnels, it takes very little effort. I can see the tracks are not moving, but can see the whole gunnel moving all the way back to under the back corner cap near the gas cap.

I’m pretty disappointed how these gunnels flex, I bought 72″ Traxtech tracks so I could mount riggers and trees all on this track but I think I need to mount the riggers on the back corner caps. Which is far less convenient to work with.

I’m kind of thinking that maybe it’s just the risers are to high and that I need a low profile mount instead to use them on these gunnels.

Hoping someone can provide suggests or pics of how you dealt with this on your 205 Competitor. I have done some googling but have not found much on this boat. Lots of results for Trophy’s etc

Canon Mag 10 STX

DAVID ADAMSON

You already have tracks on the gunnels, so take a look at what I had made for my Scotty riggers in these pictures. Several advantages to this design are: 1) inboard mounting prevents dowrigger from hitting docks etc as they do not protrude outside the boat. 2) The 2 point mounting of this bracket gives added support and stability to the weight of the downrigger. 3) this design prevents ‘torquing’ on the gunnel. These were made for me by Trojan Tackle in Burlington Ontario Canada.

Attachments:
    1. c849af40-aa08-4784-b1c1-a5cce3962476.jpg

2. IMG_9960-scaled.jpg

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.