Yellows??

• dandrews
    Participant
    Jesup, Iowa

Just wondering if anyone has been into the yellows yet? I know this cold weather probably isnt helping. Thanks for any info!

bluewing
    Participant
    North Iowa

Fishing for yellow bass the last 10 days has been a bit slow, I believe the cool weather has moved the fish off the shallow spawning area, you can still catch 8 or 10 in a couple of hours wading by the island, but some warmer weather would help and get the bite going again. Even the white bass that were around 2 weeks ago have moved off shore.

ed

dandrews
    Participant
    Jesup, Iowa

Thanks for the info! Want to make it up there soon! That helps a lot!

mike_j
    Participant
    Nashua Iowa

April 30th and May 2nd You could catch as many yellows I you wanted. I kept 200 each day and was off the lake by noon. Then the weak and a half cold front came and I decided to stay away. Tried again riday may 14th and only had one bite. I’m guessing somewhere about tues the water temp should be warm enough to get them going again. I’m heading back wednessday and hopefully will have something good to report.

dandrews
    Participant
    Jesup, Iowa

Thanks a lot Mike! Looking forward to hearing some reports from u soon!!

superdave
    Participant
    NE IA

I went up today, and they bit pretty well. Kept about 30 of the bigger ones. The wind made it a challenge though.

mike_j
    Participant
    Nashua Iowa

Well I was gonna head down to southern Iowa today and tomorrow but the temps here are about 10 degrees warmer so I stayed home and fished clear lake. The good news is that the yellows are going again. I kept about 150 today in 3.5 hours of fishing. You didn’t get bit every cast but at least every other. They should be on fire the next weak or 2 from the way the weather looks. I’m going back out tomorrow so i report again I’m sure it will be alot like today.

mike_j
    Participant
    Nashua Iowa

Pretty much the same today as yesterday with the yellows you had to work a little harder today because there was no wind. They just werent pushed up tight to the bank, but the water is so clear that you can see the schools of fish and just cast to them. No problem getting all you want to clean.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.