How’s the fishin

• bigesox
    Participant
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Are the yellows doing their thing? Are the ski boats so thick to make it all just a hassle? Might have Saturday free and need to know where to go.

schrauth
    Participant

This may be of minimal help but I fished Clear Lake last Sunday for four hours. Wade fished around an island on the south side of the lake. We did catch yellows and saw other caught from boats. Fishing was slow but steady. Also caught some short walleyes and saw others being caught. Water was pretty green.

JCK
    Participant
    nora springs ia floyd

Fishing has been slow for everything I am going to lake tommorow hope to have something for a feild report I do not understand the slow fishing the watertemps Monday was at 63 maybe they will go this weekend

mike_j
    Participant
    Nashua Iowa

caugh 300+ in 5 hours last friday by myself. Took two guys with on sat and got just under a hundred. went back sunday and 3 of us got 7 in 4 hours. I didn’t get it either because the water temps did not drop off. Good news is that today my dad and I got around 150 for about 8 hours of fishing. I expect tommorrow to be decent but I thought that about last weakend after fridays amazing fishing. The ski boats realy havn’t been that bad lately.

jason26
    Participant
    Cedar Falls, IA

wow that is over one a minute that is some good fishing. I think i may have to check out clear lakes fishing one of these days. always wanted to but just have never made it over there for some reason.

mike_j
    Participant
    Nashua Iowa

The fish were in less than a foot of water and they hit my jig as soon as it hit the water. I know this sounds unbeleivable but when the yellows are biting and you get in a good spot it is easily possable. Anyone wanting to get in on the yellows had better get to it sometime this weak, because it will be over within the next weak. Green chartruese twister tails are the hot ticket on these fish. And unless you realy like fishing with a bobber minnows are a waste of time as you can catch 2 more fish in the time spent putting on a minnow.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.