Chisago area this weekend

• Matt Moen
    Participant
    South Minneapolis

I plan to hit Green pretty hard this weekend. The crappies should be on weeds so that’ll be easy to target during daytime.

Anyone know water temps? I plan to get after walleyes early and later but that’s always been water temp dependent.

If anyone has general reports that would be awesome. All the lakes in the area seem to setup on a general pattern.

catmando
    Participant
    wis

I was on Balsam Lake yesterday had 60 degrees the weeds are starting come along, it been a cool month.

Matt Moen
    Participant
    South Minneapolis

If we have some good weeds that’ll setup for a good bite….a few degrees warmer would be nice, too. Get into a trolling bite.

Matt Moen
    Participant
    South Minneapolis

Gonna give it a go this weekend after dark on Green or Chisago. Anyone been out recently and know water temps? Hoping we still have mid 40’s.

Mike W
    Participant
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Good luck. With the high water on the river almost had myself talked into night trolling up that way. Maybe one of these falls. Or later on this fall when it warms up again.

grubson
    Participant
    Harris, Somewhere in VNP

I haven’t been out since last weekend but it was 47-49° then.
    I’d guess you’ll find 40-45°.

Matt Moen
    Participant
    South Minneapolis

Good luck. With the high water on the river almost had myself talked into night trolling up that way. Maybe one of these falls. Or later on this fall when it warms up again.

My folks live on Green so I try and get out a few times in the fall. Kinda feast or famine but if you hit it right it can be really good.

Wanted to hit the river but wife had to run out of town so I didn’t have a babysitter. Nice to have this alternative.

Matt Moen
    Participant
    South Minneapolis

Went out last night on Green for a couple hours but had no luck. Water temp was 39-40 so I think I missed the window this fall.

Pretty nice night since the wind died down. I need to time the full moon and a little warmer temps next spring and fall.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.