Any fishing here this year?

• muskie-tim
    Participant
    Rush City MN

I fish the Chip river from Jim Falls to Cornell almost every weekend. It seems to me that the fish are not as active this year as last year. Any one else seeing the same thing? There are times when they are very active but not like last year.

kentuckyboy
    Participant
    Maple Grove, MN

I’ve worked that section of the Chippewa River this year a decent amount too (as most years I do) and I’ve had a hard time finding multipule fish in one location. In years past I’ve been able to anchor and jig a hand full of walleyes or crappies into the boat in one spot, this year I’ve really had to just keep bouncing around…pick 1 up here, pick 2 up there, etc. I haven’t had a day out there yet this year that was worthy of bragging about. And maybe its just me but it seems like the recreational traffic is up on that section of the Chip also, or maybe I’m just noticing it more because I’m not busy catching fish.

muskie-tim
    Participant
    Rush City MN

I agree the recreational traffic is up. Have seen more jet skis and water skiers this year then last year for sure. Guess it is just a fact of life anymore.

hazencm22
    Participant
    Eau Claire, WI

i went out for cats the other day. caught 8 in 3 hours. this was a mile up from carrie vill. that was all in the same spot. after that we floated the whole river jigging and casting with spinners. and by the time we got back to the turck it was 3 hours after we caught the cats. so a total of 6 hours in and all we caught where 8 cats. but tha was it was the first 3 hours.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.