Chippewa River?

• stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Does anyone out there hit the fall it on the Chip north of Holcombe? And by north of Holcombe, I’m refering all the way up to the Chippewa/Flambeau confluence. Had a bit of an adventure where the river crosses Cty Rd D this weekend, but found no action whatsoever………..from the fish anyway! HELP???

leinieman
    Chippewa Valley (Dunnville Bottoms)

Hi Ken, Wish I could help you out but I don’t usually fish the Chip that far north. I do know a few folks that do what type of help you looking for. I think I am going to be hitting the Chippewa River south of Eau Claire on Saturday so will post up on the WI. River forum later Saturday. With as low as the water is and with a little luck the fish will be in a couple of the deeper pools and easy to get at. Steve

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

leiny:

Where the hell you been? How was your trip to the great Northwoods? Getting ready to come south and show my nephew some spots in the area!!!

Mark

leinieman

I ain’t gone anywhere. I’ve been on a mission to drop some pounds so I haven’t been doing a lot of fishing or hunting but I am getting some pounds off. It’s so much easier to put them on. We had a great time up north. I posted that somewhere here on the site. Even tried your pizza place. We sat outside on the deck and had beers and pizza. It was good. I posted some photos on the Wisconsin rivers forum I think of the Wisconsin River down below the dam at Rainbow flowage.Seems like I asked if anyone reconized that spot thinking you might chime in but not sure if you did or not. I even put a picture of Stillakids sister on there. At least I think it was him that said that. If not sorry Ken. Ha Ha. It was a photo of a Hodag. Do a search of all forums on the word hodag and I’m sure you will find it. When you coming down this way? Steve

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

I forgot you came across “sis” on that trip! Dude………….I almost spit my coffee when I read that! LOL!

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Leiny:

Nice to hear back!!! I did miss that thread. I do check the Wisconsin River threads, just must have missed it at the time, I guess. I will look for it, with so many posts, it will turn up. Glad to hear you enjoyed the pizza. Hey I am going to take a shot at posting a picture from muskie fishing this weekend. I got the new digital camera and it takes great pics, just are too big to be posted. I did find a feature on the camera which takes the pixel size down to 640×480? It defaults to 1600×1200. Those are great pics, but I can understand how long it would take to download something so large if everyone was doing it. We were fishing Minocqua and Tomahawk today for muskie. Nasty day and no fish to boot. The graph was lit up most of the day in the places we were in, just no one wanted to eat!!! I played with the pic to get it as close to 100,000 bytes as possible. I think it could be grainy, but here goes.

Mark

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Anyone chime in !!! How can I downsize my pics and keep them clear. Good night!!!

Mark

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Check out your computers software and see wht type of photo editing software you have…I’m using adobe photoshop 6.0

It has features like picture sizing in which you can take the picture at it’s largest side and use auto crop and bring it down to about 300X450 pixils and it should slide right into the 100000byte area !!

leinieman

Hey Mark next time your in the tavern for pizza check out their bulletin board. I posted a flyer on it. Actuallly on that trip I put them at a lot of spots,laundry mats, information centers, marine centers,bait stores, bars ,I past out hundreds to the bait shops and stuff. When you going to be down this way. I do belive me and Shed10 from the site will be hiking the Chippewa River tomorrow. Like I said use the search feature here on the site and type in Stillakids sister (I mean hodag) and you should get to the thread . Steve

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

ecnook:

I loaded Camedia from the purchase of my Olympus Camera. I was kind of hoping that I would have PhotoEditor from Microsoft as I do here at work, but that does not seem to be the case, at least as far as I know right now. Thanks for your help, looking forward to being on the river next week for ducks and ‘eyes (cast & blast). I will check at home once I get here this eve.

Mark

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

mbenson,

if your looking for a free download for photo editing try this site IrfanView

I have never used it but several guys here on the website have sugested it.

Good luck and if you run into any other road blocks let me know…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.