Chippewa River South of Eau Claire

• leinieman
    Participant
    Chippewa Valley (Dunnville Bottoms)

Anyone been fishing this section of the river. I plan on doing a little exploring later today to see if I can find some eye’s. I’ll post later what I find out around the Dunnville area.
    Steve

jhalfen
    Participant

Steve, I fished in town for a couple of hours yesterday. Water is perfect. A litte higher than normal, very maganable flow, and just the right amount of cloudyness. Scratched out a couple of eyes, but realy was just out for the boat ride and the fantastic weather.

Let us know what you find.

Don Hanson
    Participant

Steve, what did you find on your venture? you got some bigguns going?

leinieman
    Participant

I checked out the river last night and found it quite high and loaded with floating debree. It was hard to keep the grass and twigs and other junk off your line. I didn’t catch a thing and my only bites came just before it started raining and I had to run for the truck. I’ll be trying several more times this week and will keep ya posted. I did see Bill on the shore of the Red Cedar and he had a white sucker that he said he was going to take home and fry. I have never tried one of those. I thought maybe he was going to smoke it.

Don Hanson
    Participant

Thanks Steve, maybe we should head to the secret crappie spot if the weather holds.

leinieman
    Participant

Thats also open for some really large northerns!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.