Chip Leer

• reverend
    Rhinelander, WI

Anybody familiar with THIS guy? http://chipleer.com/index.html
    I knew him briefly while he was still on Kabetegoma in the too-brief time I live there early 90’s. I realized that was a long time ago now…he’s on Leech these days.
    I remember him as a good guy, great storyteller. Never got to fish with him. His wife, beautiful inside and out, could cook ANYTHING and make you think it was the best you ever ate. I must me waxing nostalgic this morning…
    Anyway, just wondering if any of you knew him.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

He is the mouthpiece for one of the fishing tours, NWT maybe? I’m not sure, but I see him on TV.

He has been on Leech for a long time, I think since the PWT folded up. I know he ran a tournament on Leech for a few years. Maybe Steve Fellegy will see this thread, I’m sure he knows.

elk_addict
    Northern IA/Lincoln Lakes Area

Rev, we spent a night in his resort prior to spending a weekend in a sleeper house on Leech. We had coffee with him the next morning, a great guy. I believe this was in 96, and like I mentioned the resort he had was on Leech.

My buddy stayed at that resort a couple summers ago and Chip did not own it. A long time ago, but a memorable guy. He is the MC on the NWT, not sure what else he is up to.

munchy
    NULL

I really liked his show ‘Fishing the Wildside’, wish it was still on.

Nitrodog

I have meet him from fishing tournaments, like others have said he is a great guy.

reverend
    Rhinelander, WI

Yep, that’s how I remember him too. I left the Kab area in early ’95, I heard later he headed for Leech that same year. My former boss there also left within that year, sold Sandy Point on Kab and I believe still runs a high-end place in Ontario. Can’t remember the name. Thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.