How’s the panfish bite?

• life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

How’s the pan fish bite doing up there? We’re coming out this weekend friday and saturday. 2-19 & 2-20-2010

mountain man
    Coon Valley, WI.

Perch are still biting on channelsides,(close to shores) by the dams and also in many of the backwaters….I’m still having the best luck on channel shores with tiny silver jigging rapala and in back waters and over on Petenwell with a tiny slitshot, & a tiny treble with a minnow hooked by the fin like you would for tip ups only on a dead stick… it seems like they want to come and get it themselves and when I’m using either the treble or the rap in my hand instead of a dead stick I hardly move it at all… also catching crappies and bass at the same time, but I’m not targeting them.

bmiller41
    La Crosse, WI

At least you finally have your signature right

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

Cool beans. I’m just getting excited to get the heck out of work for a couple days here. Been puting in 12 hour days Mon thru Sat

fatguy
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Not too good today. Out for six hours caught six fish, Hole hopped like crazy. Continuously changed jigs. It was hard to even mark a fish on the Vexilar. Started at Pokegama this morning and moved to Prairie. Absolutely beautiful outside, though. Enjoy it, fish are just a bonus!

fatguy
    Chippewa Falls, WI

I spent the last couple of evenings on the Chetek Chain,with great success. The crappie bite is on right now! You should have no problem finding a meal up here right now. Small jigs tipped with waxies are working just fine, and alot of times you can’t get the bait past the smaller “eater” fish which are suspending pretty high. I have been finding my nicer fish towards the bottom, with a few nice bluegills mixed in. The one thing you gotta watch out for is the ciscos, are in there too, and they LOVE to steal your bait! If you go have fun, there is still plenty of ice to drive on, but use caution, as some of the landings are starting to take a beating from the warm weather.

vman59
    Barron,wi

doing good on the north end of Pokegama, Pike’s slough. Late afternoon bite.

muskiebob59
    New Auburn, WI, S. end of Ten Mile Lake

If you can get on the ice the fishing is great right now. Fishing in 10 fow both daybreak & sunset has been best. Catching bluegills crappies & some realy nice perch using waxies on a green jig. The ice is still about 18″ once you get past shore but getting on is starting to get tough.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.