2013 vacation

• Sharticus
    North Liberty, IA

Officially 10 days till we arrive in Chetek for our annual vacation…must not be too good of fishing going on since there’s not much activity here in the forum..or its so good that nobody has time to report! July ain’t the best time for fishing I know, but we’ll give it a try anyhow while we are vacationing…Prolly be polling next week to see how hard we should be trying, if anyone has been out or going to be…..thanks in advance if anyone does have advice…be staying on Chetek Lake again too…

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Our neighbors have a place up on the chain. They had a big group up the week of the fourth. I know that they were targeting panfish and said that they had to work for them and that it was slower than other years.

FDR

smithkeith
    Waterloo, Iowa

I spent the week of the 4th on the Chain. Fishing was slow to say the least. Had the best luck drifting and trolling over deep water. If you are into bass fishing, they were hitting pretty good. Did have a tagged fish to the boat long enough to see the tag!! Will be heading back up on the 18th for a long weekend.

Sharticus
    North Liberty, IA

we’ll be there the 20th-27th….Silver Birch, if we happen to cross paths. i’ll either be in a yellowish Necky kayak fishing, or the rental pontoon from there….

dam the luck on the tagged fish! after how many years we’ve been going there tho…i’d be just happy to see a tag to be honest!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.