Chetek Report

• mar-80
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Hit up Chetek last night again. I tried going earlier in the night but fishing was slow until about 8:00. While minnows under a slip bobber caught only two fish and a jig with a waxie or red spike was slow, the fish were absolutley hammering the jigging rap and a slender spoon tipped with a minnow head(bigger to). Fishing in 15′ of water. Had fish suspended at 6′ to 12′. Those were the aggressive ones. Took home ten for the frying pan. Probably caught 20-25 overall. I measured 17″ of ice.

hoytpower
    buffalo county, wi

what part of the chain were you fishing…..heading up there on a few days…….any size?

mar-80
    Chippewa Falls, WI

I was fishing Pokegama. The smallest I kept was 10.5″ and the biggest was 12″. Threw back some smaller and some in that same size range, and of cou rse the big one got away…

John Shear
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Hey fellow Chippewan, I could learn a lot fishing with you.
    I’m pretty much restricted to just the weekends though.

John S.

Gino

VERY glad to hear the Chain is finally coming back (size-wise). Thanks for the report. Have lived on the North end (Frankenburg Slough) over 35 years and it’s been a long dry spell. May have to give a strange body of water (the Chain) another try this winter. Tight lines!

Gino

mar-80
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Quote:

Hey fellow Chippewan, I could learn a lot fishing with you.
    I’m pretty much restricted to just the weekends though.

John S.

I usually do my night fishing during the week. Work the weekends.

mar-80
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Quote:

VERY glad to hear the Chain is finally coming back (size-wise). Thanks for the report. Have lived on the North end (Frankenburg Slough) over 35 years and it’s been a long dry spell. May have to give a strange body of water (the Chain) another try this winter. Tight lines!

Gino

I have a cabin on Praire in Ekern Bay. I have been going to Chetekk fishing since I was little. I remember the 12″-13″ being common. Then it went downhill and is now starting to come back nicely. Not sure if its becasue the bass population is down or what. I fish a lot on Praire in the spring and summer. If you see a one of a kind Crestliner thats me. You will know it when you see it. Stop by and say hi.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.