Chesterwoods 5/31/2020

• sbr_it
    Participant

Got a chance to get out yesterday on Chesterwoods for a late afternoon/early evening outing. Few gills, a couple crappies and some largemouths all made their way into the boat. Probably could have more action on the gills with some live bait, but we were working paddletails under float. Water really seemed clear.

Not sure what they’ve been doing out there the past few years, but whatever it is it seems to be working in regards to the bass population. Caught probably the 2 biggest largemouths I’ve ever caught out there yesterday, with the longest coming in at a tad over 16″. I forgot to measure the other one, but was similar in size.

Attachments:
    1. CW-Bass-1.jpg

2. CW-Bass-2.jpg

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

There ya go, those are fun to catch. Grand kids have been doing real well out there. Chesterwoods is a real gem.

munchy
    Participant
    NULL

Nice. I’ve only been out there twice but have seen some big ones swim under the kayak. My biggest out there so far was about 18″

Not sure what they’ve been doing out there the past few years, but whatever it is it seems to be working in regards to the bass population.

Likely has to do with the strict 1 bass limit.

eyeguy507
    Participant
    SE MN

nice to see a post from there, I miss that place! those largies are fun! I’ve seen some 4 pounders come out of there few years ago so they are in there. too bad the crappies aren’t growing bigger, but the gillz in there are very respectable. even got a pike out there 3 years ago…..its def a gem of a lake

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

The grandson has been popping 11″+ crappies there this year. He’s been c/r on those and keeping a few 10’s for the table.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.