Cheep depth finder

• Chuck Melcher
    Participant
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

I am setting up a kayak… use to pull my Lowrance X67 off the front of the boat… but spending $60 on another transducer has me just thinking of a new cheep unit

Anyone have experience with the Hummingbird Piranna models or such? Depth, marking weed lines and maybe temp are all I care for. Wouldn’t be afraid of a used unit from someone trustworthy, but new ones are just over $100.

Randy Wieland
    Participant
    Lebanon. WI

Chuck I’m sure most of the inexpensive ones would work. I’ve had good success with used units off of the hummingbird group on Facebook. For a little more you can get an 800 series and have lake maps

Chuck Melcher
    Participant
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

Guess I need to get into that Facebook thing someday :). Thx

mojogunter
    Participant

I will say that market place on Facebook is the only thing that is worth while on there. I have sold and purchased a lot with that.

Guess I need to get into that Facebook thing someday :). Thx

Jim in Wisconsin
    Participant

I’ve bought a couple of those $100. units for the reasons you mentioned. They work fine.

B-man
    Participant

Look at the Garmin Striker 4, it has GPS waytogo

Fish To Escape
    Participant

I had a humminbird piranhamax di on my kayak for years, worked great for what you say you need. I still have it if you are interested

tegg
    Participant
    Hudson, Wi/Aitkin Co

I have a Garmin Striker Plus 4cv. I think it goes for about $180. So far I like it but can’t say I use the DI. The Striker Plus 4 would have been sufficient for less money. I specifically got the Garmin for the mapping as I have some small home lakes that have never been charted.

I have to think the $100+ price range would fit the bill.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.